Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Re: How much were PC800s neww?

Wow Makes me want to take a shower.:)
LMAO! :rofl1:

Well, also the ST1300 spot gave some "hints" in this:

[video=youtube_share;NbgREjHM18w]http://youtu.be/NbgREjHM18w[/video]

(I only wonder how the dude kept that bike so clean over the entire trip...)

Last edited:

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Interesting how the PC is able to stand up inside the couple's house with no center stand. On the beach, too.

First time I saw a PC was when a sailing buddy arrived at the lake on his. Still quite a few on the road. One guy on the PC forum had 300,000+ miles (and counting) on his, no mechanical problems, no rebuild, no oil consumption, just ran and ran. Not a lot of high performance stressing the bike, but still pretty impressive.

When I was in England there was a shuttle from central London to Heathrow that used PC's. I saw police in the Netherlands on PC's, too. My first trip to Nova Scotia was on a PC, good mount for touring, just needed more performance everywhere.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Re: How much were PC800s neww?

I'm not running out to buy a PC, but my practical streak thinks they're awfully nifty bikes for what they are.
I didn't really appreciate the PC at the time but in my defense it was ahead of it's time. There are several big scooters but the PC still strikes me as a motorcycle and more practical than them. I really like the looks more and more every time I see one.

not to bad but NO ST.
Nobody is saying it is. It's better at what it is than the ST just as the ST is better at what it is than the PC.

but I would add it to the stable if I incidentally get hold of such a low mileage "barn-find"... just for the fun to service & refub it carefully and drive it through town...
+1. This is a bike that I'd grab to go to the market for some shopping and run errands any day over the ST. If owning more than one bike were not an Either/Or deal for me I'd definitely jump on such a find.

I'm tempted to go look at it out of curiosity. It's less than 15 minutes from me.
I wish you would. It would be interesting to get some more info on it.

Bike
2010 Honda NT700V
As a former PC owner, I can't count how many times in 9 years I was asked if my bike was scooter. After asking whether it was a scooter one kid asked me how fast would my PC go. I told him "fast enough to kill you".
The PC did attract attention at some local eateries and motorcycle dealers. The bike is relatively rarely seen. One Saturday at the local BMW dealer I had four Beemer riders around my bike. They actually appreciated it and asked me some questions about it. I was shocked at the interest.
The PC still has quite a following around the world. I know I enjoyed mine. Got me where I wanted to go with comfort. Absolutely bullet proof, reliable as an anvil. With an average of 50 to 55 mpg you could stretch fuel stops to about 175 miles or so. I even got 65 mpg (calculated) on one tank riding up to Natchez Mississippi.
The biggest drawback, as has been mentioned, was all the tupperware you had to deal with......a real PITA.

My son saw an old fairly beat up PC at Turtle Bay in Redding California that had 660,000 miles on it. I think I still have the pic of the odometer somewhere.......maybe in an old e-mail......

Last edited:

ST13Fred

Fred
Bike
2015 Motus MST
Re: Saw this for sale on the local Craigslist.

How much were they new? New I think the list price was above $9000 it wasn't a cheap bike.
I paid $7700 for a new 97 PC that year and remember somebody getting a new one for $6500, which seemed odd at the time; why it sold for so little.
I owned 2 97s and put exactly 60K miles on each. Was the most practical and cost effective commuter bike ever built, IMO.
The bike has very good side clearance and will run out of steam at 110 MPH. I got as high as 62 MPG with 55 MPG on average.
I only liked the 97-98 as they had the conventional front end and not the 'star-treky' (covered front brake rotors) treatment.

Bike
2019 Goldwing Tour
After asking whether it was a scooter one kid asked me how fast would my PC go. I told him "fast enough to kill you".
I just said this same statement about a Honda rebel 250's we use for the MSF BRC, we have a some others too. A student asked what they would be riding and how fast, I said 250's and more than fast enough to kill you.

Sounds like the PC was a reliable bike. Never really looked at one before and had to look a number of times at the pics to figure out that "trunk"...

Top Bottom