Oxford Heaterz Premium Sports - Heated Grips

Bike
ST1300PA
I've been complaining about cold hands and circulatioin while riding for years. I've always talked about getting a set of heated grips, but due to cost I stayed away form them.
I finally got a deal on a set of Oxford's "Heaterz Premium Sports Heated Grips", for under $70CAD and decided to make the investment.
I have a 2006 ST1300PA and installation was a snap.
Getting the old grips off and cleaning the adhesive was probably the most difficult part. The cables could be easily run and secured without any trouble at all. The unit comes with it's own in-line fuse and connects directly to the battery. The controller comes with a bracket that attaches to the reservoir mount without any modification. The overall installation took about 1 hour and I'm sure could be done in much less time by someone who is mechanically inclined. The look of the unit once installed is very clean. The controller is easy to access and easy to use. The auto-shutoff feature is great and has worked flawlessly in the month that I've been using the system.
At 100%, I cannot keep my hands on the bars for long. I feel comfortable at 40%, though I'm sure once I hit some of the October and November mornings, I'll be cranking it up. That being said, I find that the heaters not only keep my hands warm when it's colder, but helps with circulation even on days when the temperature is 25+ degrees. The grips are a little thicker than the stock grips that I took off (which to me feels much better), and I had to trim off a small section on the throttle side to have them fit properly.

Overall, I highly recommend the Oxford Heaterz Premium Sports - Heated Grips. I wish I had done this upgrade years ago, as it makes riding so much more comfortable.

pic10383.jpg
pic08909.jpg

v8-7

Site Supporter
Warm hands .. warm blood .
Can easily ride in 10-20 degrees cooler weather.

Now if only they made Cooling grips :)

Bike
2010 ST1300
I installed a pair of these last winter. For me, the hardest part was sliding the grip onto the throttle tube in the correct position. After a few tries (no glue - I was afraid of premature setting up and having to cut the grips off) I finally succeeded. I powered mine from the Quartet Harness since Honda intended their heated grips to get juice from this source.

When wearing gloves, the 20% setting is just fine. At 40, I have to remove my hands to allow the grips to cool somewhat. Great addition to the bike!

Bike
Blue ST1300
I just installed some also. I opted for the touring model, and find them just a bit short. I think the sport version would have been the proper lenght.
This being said, installation was indeed a snap. Can't wait to try them.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
My Super Tenere's OEM heated grips stopped working earlier this year. They were never really all that warm..

I decided to get the Adventure version of the Oxford Heaterz. Very easy install and the intelligent controller is nice and makes the install easier as well since you just connect to the battery.

I tested them and on 100% w/no gloves you can't stand it... w/gloves it's pretty hot as well and would be uncomfortable. I typically remove some foam covers during the winter as they would insulate you too much from the heat but now I think I can leave those on.IMG_20181012_073746.jpg

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Smallville said:
Genuine honda accessories.
http://www.amazon.com/Honda-Genuine-Accessories-2003-2010-08P72-MCS-100A/dp/B000MKF38C

Might find them cheaper, this was just the first hit on Google.
Just as you won't find them on Amazon you won't find them anywhere else either unless some individual has some from a previous bike or sitting on a shelf never installed. They were discontinued by Honda quite awhile back and any commercial source is now OOS.

But they're the only elegant option. There might be something someone could DIY. Some of the various snowmobile covers might be more easily had. Or adapting VStrom brush guards.

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
I put the Oxfords on my 1300, and they came with the KLR, and I am the same, as I cannot put them at 100%. Too hot on the thin gloves, and the thick ones as well. 50% is good, more is hot, but a great product for sure.

Top Bottom