Unresolved Front Wheel Bounce

Bike
'08 ST1300ABS
STOC #
I would give a second to jmcarruth's suggestion. I am running PR3s since getting my ST Aug 2013, and have been pleased. Based upon suggestion from another, I may try the Pirelli Angel GT tires at next changeover.

Bike
R1200rt
to the best of my knowledge, the direction of the tire only has to do with rain groves. turned the wrong way it would trap the water and hydro plane twice as fast.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
to the best of my knowledge, the direction of the tire only has to do with rain groves. turned the wrong way it would trap the water and hydro plane twice as fast.
There are plenty of non-directional tread tires with arrows on the sidewalls indicating the direction of rotation the manufacturer recommends. I understand they are directional because of the way the carcass is constructed.

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
...and if a rear tyre is placed on the front it is turned the other way because the torque is applied during braking, not during acceleration.....

The problem here has likely been a mis-fitted tyre, it may be too late after 500 miles to correct the vibration as it may be that the tyre has worn already...

However, if it can be fixed by reseating, then job done.....

Even if I don't agree with using odd sized tyre and car tyres, I respect the fact that in the USA you can and do......

The world may not come to an end (yet) and peace will be restored.....

To further cast a feline amongst the avians, Dynabeads may be a better cure for balancing a slightly uneven tyre.....

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
...and if a rear tyre is placed on the front it is turned the other way because the torque is applied during braking, not during acceleration.....

The problem here has likely been a mis-fitted tyre, it may be too late after 500 miles to correct the vibration as it may be that the tyre has worn already...

Even if I don't agree with using odd sized tyre and car tyres, I respect the fact that in the USA you can and do......

To further cast a feline amongst the avians, Dynabeads may be a better cure for balancing a slightly uneven tyre.....
Dynabeads will not help with an out of round tire or if it is not seated on the wheel properly.

OP
OP
Zonker

Zonker

Matt Christian
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
So I took the tire back to my favorite bike shop and he examined the bead and said it was seated evenly around its diameter, then he put his hand on what I thought was the low spot and said. "Hey, there is a flat spot here!" He replaced remounted my Michelin P2 (about 1/16 from wear bar) from his junk tire pile and away I went. My 'new' tire is off to Rocky Mountain ATV for replacement by Bridgestone.

End of Story.

Top Bottom