rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
Nothing new there:...
Yeah, I know. I've seen a few in the past. This is just the most recent and is closest to general production. Most of the others before were considered failures per the article, and that was mostly due to issues with steering. The examples you show were one-offs, customs or military issue only from what I could find. And then there are the snow track motorcycles with a ski in front and something similar to a snowmobile in place of the rear wheel.

and for racing in snow

or if you want a chopper

Last edited:
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I can't visualize how you could steer or maintain balance on any of the machines pictured in the first two posts(?) Looks to me like turning the handlebars more than a few degrees either direction from straight-ahead would cause the track to roll off the 'rims'. If the handlebar rotation is limited to prevent that from happening, how does it change the direction of travel or lean angle of the machine? Doesn't appear that counter steering would work. My best guess is that one would have to "push left" to turn right, as opposed to the counter steering technique, since it appears that turning the bars to the right would result in the track being displaced towards the left of center at the front end, causing the "bike" to lean right. Did I get that right?

Last edited:
Top Bottom