AGM batteries and Battery Tenders

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Yep. After seeing the mod that put saddle bags on the front of the ST...
I've been trying to visualize what a ST would look like with the bags mounted on the front of the bike, but I just don't seem to be able to. I guess I could take one of my bags off and set it on a box or something in front of the middle fairing to get an idea what it would look like, but I don't think my stomach could take it...

Bike
'03 ST1300
STOC #
All year long, 3 bikes with AGM, always plugged in (Deltran Jr). Always ready to go, never a problem. No more need to take them indoors for winter, or do anything else.
+1 No problems with the Deltran Junior always connected.

STimpa

Livin my best life!
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
Not sure where that came from, 'cause 120 would be awfully wheezy. Yuasa's data sheet says 230.

Might be a higher-quality battery. I'm not entirely convinced that the OEM battery and the YTZ-14S you buy from Yuasa distributors is the same unit.

--Mark
Come to think of it Mark, the one they had on their system was a BikeMaster produced battery. The parts guy said it was the standard replacement...

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Hi Stimpa, Hadn't heard from you in a while.

My 05 has always sounded slow and heavy when starting, compared to my past hondas. I do notice it in this cold weather. I have become used to it.

What weight oil are you running in the bike???

T

motoman

Prince of Darkness
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Battery Tenders rock. They have dramatically reduced sales for Yuasa and others. My ST1300 OEM battery lasted 10 years on a Tender, before I reluctantly had to replace it.

Yuasa has come out with their own version of the BT. If you can't beat 'em....

Top Bottom