Diesel fuel for st1300

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
Brian, look at the bright side...... you might have filled up with diesel the evening before you planned to head out to OHSTOC. The way this worked out you had time to fix it.

Reginald

cyclepoke
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
In my experience, ether will start almost anything.
Glad you got it fixed. Bet you can identify gas pumps with your eyes closed now. :D

Saw a soldier blow the heads off an APC with ether (dates me doesn't it) at Ft Sill on one cold winter morning. For folks who haven't used it before, spray it sparingly, and preferably not straight into the throttle bodies.

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Makes you wonder why the cashier would have turned the diesel pump on for a motorcycle? Glad it is all fixed now and you have a new story to tell.

Gerhard

Bike
05 ST1300
2024 Miles
STOC #
I worked for Pa. Power and Light Co. and retired 12 years ago. I was a material handler and worked with suppliers. On a winter day several years before I retired I noticed a tank truck was dropping fuel in our tanks and walked out to get the receipt. We have 2 10,000 gallon tanks. One for diesel and one for unleaded. When I got to the truck I realized the driver had just dropped 8,000 gallons of diesel fuel into our unleaded tank. I know his boss wasn't happy. They came the next day and pumped the tank dry and refilled with unleaded. The diesel/unleaded mix they pumped out was returned to the tank farm and remixed with their diesel storage. I'd much sooner drain 7 gallons from an St than 8,000 from under ground tank. But it all worked out.

there was the guy in md delivering heating fuel who mistakenly put it in a sewer cleanout, then wondered why houses down the street were exploding.

Last edited:
Top Bottom