Updated VFR800x (but not for North America)

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
This looks like gangs of fun. Appears to have gotten similar updates as the VFR800 Interceptor, but with a more upright riding position. OK, Honda, I'm waiting here across the pond...

LINKY

MORE HERE

Last edited:
Bike
Vstrom 650
Nice updates on it,still the dreaded vtec though,the new Africa Twin is supposed to be announced soon too.

Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
I can't believe the price--at today's exchange rate it's over $15K. Both the Triumph Tiger 800 XC and BMW 800GS can be had for $12K with ABS.

OP
OP
Bones

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
I think the new versys 1000 has a better engine Bones,and it's heading for the US.
The Versys does look like great and is likely a better value, but there's nothing like a V4.

Bike
Vstrom 650
The Versys does look like great and is likely a better value, but there's nothing like a V4.
V4's are great, V4 vtec isn't though from my own experience,mcn road tested the versys,vstrom,crossrunner,and triumph and the crossrunner came bottom of the list,the vtec surge is very annoying,the versys and triumph came top,and that was the old model versys.
The new Africa Twin might change things,If I had the cash to buy new in the morning I thing I'd be going for the versys though just based on what I've read,test ride as always tells the tale though.
I test rode the vstrom before,wasn't that impressed,the footpegs were in exactly the wrong position digging into the legs when stopped,performance wise it was fine,just thought it was overpriced and real world experience has kicked up lots of issues with it.
The Z1000 motor in the versys is supposed to be great,the other bike I really liked was the crosstourer,no want of power in it with the vfr 1200 engine,and it seemed so well built,typical Honda,just couldn't justify spending that kind of cash at the time.

Bike
08 VFR800, 17 CB1100

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Love my VFR, just wish I was a bit more flexible (read young) enough to be able to spend more time on it. Done the lot from risors, to seat mod. and lowering the pegs, but it still isn't ST comfy. Which is good. But this 800x looks the mutts nuts as it's got that lovely motor and a bit of comfort. One can but hope.
That looks like something I would have to have in my garage! I love the new VFR! I just can't ride it. This one I could.

Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
I don't know why Honda chooses not to compete in so many categories in the US. Sport touring I sorta understand, but ignoring the adventure bike market doesn't make sense.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I don't know why Honda chooses not to compete in so many categories in the US. Sport touring I sorta understand, but ignoring the adventure bike market doesn't make sense.
I think emissions is the biggest hurdle but that's just an uneducated non-informational ignorant guess. I have no idea. I would have seriously considered the CrossTourer if it was in the states vs the Super Tenere.

Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
I think emissions is the biggest hurdle but that's just an uneducated non-informational ignorant guess. I have no idea. I would have seriously considered the CrossTourer if it was in the states vs the Super Tenere.
Joe, do you know if Honda has to get a new bike through US emission testing or only the engine? In other words, does it cost twice as much to bring two bikes to market in the US even if they share the same engine?

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Joe, do you know if Honda has to get a new bike through US emission testing or only the engine? In other words, does it cost twice as much to bring two bikes to market in the US even if they share the same engine?
Not a clue.

Bike
Vstrom 650
Additional information and first review by Visor Down: http://www.visordown.com/road-tests-first-rides/first-ride-2015-honda-vfr800x-crossrunner-review/25807.html

Love my VFR, just wish I was a bit more flexible (read young) enough to be able to spend more time on it. Done the lot from risors, to seat mod. and lowering the pegs, but it still isn't ST comfy. Which is good. But this 800x looks the mutts nuts as it's got that lovely motor and a bit of comfort. One can but hope.
I've finally come around to liking the vtec now a bit more I think,this new crossrunner must be a great machine,the older model is a bit fugly.the new model has all the good points of the vfr800 with a good upright riding position.

Top Bottom