LED side light bulbs ST1300

Joest1100

Joest1300
Bike
Honda ST1300
I have just replaced my two stock front side light bulbs on my ST1300 with LED bulbs that consume 1W power each (old ones were 5W each). They are 100% brighter than the old yellow bulbs and show a strong white light. A lot more visible from the front.
Bit of a fiddle to remove got the missus to slide her small hands between steering head and front fairing when steering on full lock either way and pull hard on small rubber holder bungs that hold bulbs to replace them rather than remove fairing at the front ! Difficult to feel for them initially but right one is at 1 o'clock position to headlight bulb and left one at 11 o'clock position to headlight bulb. The old bulbs just pull out & new LED push back into the fitting, if they don't work one way turn em around & they work the other way as polarity sensitive so test them before pushing the longish bung back into the front headlight fitting ! There are no wires to disconnect as permanently fixed to holder.
I used a long bolt to push the bung back in fully once located in hole (as missus bored by that point & went missing !) ****don't attempt this short cut unless you have small hands****

Also replaced my yellow H4 headlight bulbs with Philips Xtreme vision H4 100% brighter bulbs. They are also bright white and the visibility is a lot more noticeable of a day (I leave headlights & sidelights on at all times when riding for maximum visibility) as well as a vast improvement in visibility of a night.
These are simple 10 min job - slide hand down between steering head and front fairing, place finger either side of plastic electrical connector and squeeze release tabs on either side at bottom to pull away from contacts on rear of bulb, then remove rubber boot using little rubber tabs (in 12 o'clock & 6 o'clock position). Then put finger on retaining metal clip on right hand side and push towards bulb and down at same time, then when released pull towards you & remove/replace bulb.
(Bulbs have two small metal wings either side at top on front of bulb and one at bottom that fit into the headlight casing). Then hey Presto ! Well worth it .......

Last edited:
OP
OP

Joest1100

Joest1300
Bike
Honda ST1300
I bought them from a local motorstore Halfords but you can buy them online eBay or Amazon just search on 501 led replacements for the side light bulbs

Bike
2012 ST1300A
I've been running them in amber for a couple years- I like the color contrast.

If not obvious, while they can be changed without taking the bike apart- be careful to not jar the bulb loose, as it falls into the bottom of the headlight assembly. Don't ask me how I know...

And DO NOT pull them by the wires to remove! I pulled the wires through the rubber boot on my friend's '04 and it took quite a long time fettling to get the leads jammed back in and lined up...

Top Bottom