Current Seat Manufactures

Bike
2002 ST1300
I recently received my top sellerie seat and for the little it cost it's a decent seat. Found it very comfortable on a recent 2000 mile weekend.

Bike
2006 ST1300
I've also just got a seat from Top Sellerie. Was a stock item (with gel front and back) so ?253 delivered. Only managed a 100 miles or so so far, but seems a big improvement on the original.

My ST1100 had a Corbin seat on it when I bought it. I switched to the stock seat as it has lots more cushion to it.. However if I could find a aftermarket with a bit of a backrest on it I might be interested.

Bike
04 ST
STOC #
I just completed a weekend trip on my 'new to me' 04, about 1500 kilometers. The bike came with a substantial gel pad that lays on top of the seat. My biggest challenge was the reach to the handlebars which made it impossible for me to sit up straight using both hands .... and the seat angle. Wrists, elbows, back and rear were competing for my attention. I changed seat position mid weekend and moved the forward adjustment to medium while pushing the rear to low and that helped quite a bit on the way back. Some of the guys (all non stowners) had an 'Ultimate seat' out of Toronto but in response to my inquiry Ultimate responded they don't make an st1300 seat ...'bummer'. Still looking for a quality Canadian source.

Bike
ST1100
Still using the stock seat but am looking for an upgrade. Thanks to all for reviews. A friend has had two Sargent seats one on a BMW GS1150 the other on a BMW F800GS. He is a high mileage rider (15000 miles per year) with a bad back and he loves them.

Bike
Vstrom 650
There's a guy in Poland selling very good leather seat covers on ebay,?45 plus 10 postage,with a bit of good quality memory foam and a good upholsterer I'd say you'd end up with a fairly comfortable seat for less than ?100, might try it in the new year,he can customise the piping/writing on the seat,different colours etc, pan European or st1100 written across the seat. I have one of them on my transalp,great quality,done by the previous owner.
ebay item number 221638986218

st1300doug

SETH LAAM for me. Over 10K and loving it. beats 90% of the others in cost for his seats! FAST delivery time! Redding, CA.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Does anyone know what has happened to Rick Mayer? Sent him my seat in mid-December and he stopped communicating with me in late January. Last communication from him said he was shipping my seat the following week. The seat never arrived and when I called him, the number was disconnected.

Bike
2020 Africa Twin DCT
Does anyone know what has happened to Rick Mayer? Sent him my seat in mid-December and he stopped communicating with me in late January. Last communication from him said he was shipping my seat the following week. The seat never arrived and when I called him, the number was disconnected.
A Google search should cause you some concern. Hope you eventually get your seat back.

Bike
'15 FJR ES
You will probably never get it back. This discussion took place on the FJRforum a couple weeks ago. I wish you luck.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Does anyone know what has happened to Rick Mayer? Sent him my seat in mid-December and he stopped communicating with me in late January.
I had a month plus wait to get my seat back. but it did finally come and I really do enjoy it. I did both front and rear for the pillion and she is quite happy to join me on long rides now, so that makes me happy. :)

Sorry to hear and say
Communication is not one of Rick's strong points, but he does do good work.

KTD1911

R.I.P. - 2020/10/13
Rest In Peace
Bike
2018 can am spyderf3
I had the rick mayer on my 05 st and it was a improvement over stoc seat but i found on long rides i still needed extra padding. i have had the russel day long for 3 years on my 07 st. it has been great , better than rick mayer. no extra padding needed on high mileage ride days and i only have 32 inseam

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I have about 500 miles on my Laam saddle and I'll probably give it one more try. If I decide I still don't like it, I'll probably just sell it!

I love the used RDL I bought off this site! I used it for my 2,200 mile Southwest last September and use it currently (it's heated :D). It is better than the one I had them build me for my '05, that has about 220K on it.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
A Google search should cause you some concern. Hope you eventually get your seat back.
WHY wouldn't you give Rick13 the skinny on what you already know about the Rick Mayer issue, rather than tell him to search Google to find out why he should be concerned.:( Is he dead? Is he out of business?

Others here might be interested too!

Last edited:
Bike
2020 Africa Twin DCT
WHY wouldn't you give Rick13 the skinny on what you already know about the Rick Mayer issue, rather than tell him to search Google to find out why he should be concerned.:( Is he dead? Is he out of business?

Others here might be interested too!
I had never heard of the guy until Rick13's post, don't know anything except what what is posted all over the internet. Probably the most negative reviews I have ever encountered.

Top Bottom