Safely home - need fuel pump info

Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
Got home yesterday from WeSToc ( great job Vince and the rest of the Disorganization team) As some of you know , we broke down in Eugene OR with a bad fuel pump. I did put an alert on the rider assistance forum, but after hearing from the local suppliers that a pump was 5 days away, well I panicked.
I would like to apologize to Jim (gymbo)and Justin (Justin_sabre) who went out of there way to locate a pump and offer me assistance. By the time I received their email I had already rented a uhaul and was on my way home. I have never asked for assistance before and the thought of emptying a nearly full gas tank in someone else's garage made me think I was intruding.
Again, please accept my apology - I know that ST riders help one another on a daily basis. I should have accepted the help.

NOW I DO NEED SOME HELP - I COULD ONLY FIND ONE # FOR A REPLACEMENT FILTER HFP-382H

Do you know of any other Manufacturers and part # for this pump?

I live in BC, Canada and have NAPA and LORDCO as local suppliers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bill144
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
Howdy Bill, glad you two got home OK.
In searching, Denso 051-0004 seems to be the automotive pump that works.
Seems to fit a 2000 Honda Accord 2.3L and many other vehicles.
Hope this helps.
Hi - I went to the local NAPA dealership and told them my problem and they refused to sell me a pump saying that if the pressures didn't match there could be a catastrophic failure.
I went to the local Lordco dealership and they had a Denso 051-0004 in stock for $230.
I ended up ordering a HFP-382H for $70 plus $40 shipping to Canada.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Hi - I went to the local NAPA dealership and told them my problem and they refused to sell me a pump saying that if the pressures didn't match there could be a catastrophic failure.
I went to the local Lordco dealership and they had a Denso 051-0004 in stock for $230.
I ended up ordering a HFP-382H for $70 plus $40 shipping to Canada.
Well I hope you get that back in and the bike is back running soon.

Bike
09 ST1300
Well I just saw the thread about your fuel pump breaking down in Eugene. Coincidence that we were on a trip down the Oregon coast that whole week, and I think we were in Ft Bragg CA at that time. Double coincidence we're from Vernon also. If I would have known I also would have tried to help in any way I could (my trade is auto tech but applies a lot to bikes) Whatever did you find out the issue was?

Bike
2006 ST1300
Pretty bad when the lawsuit-happy lawyers have businesses so scared they won't sell you the product you want. I remember looking for a universal joint for a Jeep driveshaft many years ago. Autozone said they had none in stock. Just on a whim I asked them to look up the part number for a joint for the rear driveshaft for a Scout. They had one...and it was the same part number (why it didn't show up on the Jeep search is a good question). The problem is, they refused to sell it to me. I even tried to convince them I needed it for my other vehicle- a Scout- but they wouldn't sell it.

I'm glad you got the pump coming. I used the aftermarket replacement a couple years ago and since have put on another 50k trouble-free miles.

Top Bottom