Back under the knife

Bike
2004 ST 1300
Hope you get the recovery you need and the surgery is successful. I did some rotor damage a few years ago and had a good recovery with physical therapy. I know you are beyond that point. Gettin' older is no fun at all !!!

Tidrick

Keith B. Tidrick
Bike
2007 Yamaha FJR1300
STOC #
Ahh, my friend.... just seeing this. I hate to read this, but praying things go much, much better this go-'round.

Looking forward to hearing your report out - and hope it's good news!

OP
OP
Mick
Bike
'16 Versys 650LT
STOC #
Thanks for all the good thoughts guys. :bow1:

Looks like I got lucky this morning. The doc found enough quality tendon to work with that he was able to do a repair :run1:. Phase 1 be done.

Phase 2, the physical therapy, will begin in a few weeks. I'll have to remind the therapist to be conservative and go easy. The first repair back in '09 came apart about 7 months after surgery while doing PT.

I'm in zero pain right now because I have a nerve block pump. 1st time I've had one. Cool gadgets. Tomorrow I get to go into druggy mode and start with the happy
pills :).

Typing with one hand is SLooooooooW.

T

Last edited:

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Mick, good to here the positive. Be sure to go slow in recovery and the therapy. No repeat of last time.

Byron

STOC #
Drugs are a good thing when needed. Going off them too soon will cause you more pain then you care to endure, don't ask me how I know. :)

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Missed your news yesterday...

Great news!

Good luck!
(and yes typing one handed is a pain! :D)

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Mick,

That's great news. Thanks for the update. Let's hope that trend continues. Please keep us posted on your progress.

John

OP
OP
Mick
Bike
'16 Versys 650LT
STOC #
Ahh, my friend.... just seeing this. I hate to read this, but praying things go much, much better this go-'round.

Looking forward to hearing your report out - and hope it's good news!
Thanks Keith.

We never got to make another run for 'Q in Lockhart. Would have been fun. Maybe we can make it happen when this is all over in about a year +-.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Good to hear a good attitude coming through. Hang tough!

OP
OP
Mick
Bike
'16 Versys 650LT
STOC #
Good news and sorta good news.

First the sorta good news. As noted in my opening post, I had a third operation on my left shoulder rotator cuff last September. All went OK until the first active range of motion therapy session where Therabands were used... sudden sharp pain. Ruh-roh! Over time the pain calmed down somewhat but around the 1st of February it suddenly started getting MUCH worse. Had an MRI done early this month and it confirmed that a small, full thickness tendon tear had occurred :banghead: so I stopped doing any physical therapy that caused me pain. Now pain is only present in certain positions, mostly involving the arm being straight out and above horizontal. I can live with that because otherwise, it's not bothering me that much. This is good news because the next step would have been to have a reverse shoulder replacement if this re-repair had completely failed. At least my shoulder is mostly functional.

Now the truly good news. So far I'm able to ride pain free. I've done three rides without shoulder pain. First was just 50 or 60 miles. 2nd was about 175 miles. Today I did almost 300 miles. So far so good. If I can work my way up to 500 miles in a day, I'll be happy as a clam and will consider myself fit for LD duty. :biker:

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
Good for you!! Pain free is harder to achieve every day we get older.........enjoy the riding.....ff

Top Bottom