10 Reasons Why You Should Date a Woman Who Rides a Motorcycle

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
My wife has no problem with me buying motorcycles, but she kinda frowns on me dating women other than her.

skyboybry

Hi-Hi!
Bike
Sparkles
STOC #
Tell me this woman can't wear a LBD & bikini. She pitches on an all-ages men's softball team, that happens to be #1 this & last year, and rides her Road King to games! Check out them guns! Girl power!

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
I met my wife, Carole, at a Corvette meeting in 1976. We both had Corvettes. Once I got to know her a little better, she said, "Oh by the way, I also have a motorcycle" Hot Damn!!! 38 years later and always on two bikes, it breaks my heart that she has given up riding just because of some guy hitting me from behind last Oct. I have now taken over her ST and will continue to put many miles on it in her honor. This pic is just one of her 14 different bikes.

Attachments

Last edited:

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
Very good! Makes me glad my wife prefers riding her own. Even if it is a Metropolitan. SHE RIDES.

Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
1. Maybe on a bike trip but mention a cruise or trip to warmer climates..that goes out the window!!! :(
2. Beer is totally acceptable.
3. Yes.
4. This lady has MS and yet can ride all day. She says its theraputic. Once struck a bridge expansion joint on a group ride at 60mph and I thought she was coming off but she kept it all together. Many of the riders around her said "doubt they could have done what she did"
5. Never had the pleasure. ;)
6. More into textile now
7. I mentioned a new bike to her......."Go buy what you want" :D
8. She doesnt want to ride on back. In fact if her MS prevents her riding in the future she said forget the Goldwing...Im getting a convertible.:)
9. No. She cant stand her MIL. :(
10. Yes. I have talked to so many guys who's wives wont ride, even as passengers, and they tell me how lucky I am. :D

My Wife (26 years)............Il think I'll keep her!

Cheers

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Nice reading, gave a chuckle now and then...
Also the other entries are worth reading, like "Why Do Strange People Sit On My Bike"... yep, this shown lack of respect makes also me fuming... frequently...

In my observation (at least here in the old world) do girls that ride always have issues... significant ones... just never met one that's not damaged goods... sorry...
(and also the author of that expos? just had to use the term "strong woman"... err, what is a strong woman and what has such, if even existing, to do with riding?? :confused: )

Sorry ladies, to me you don't "proof" anything by using a motorcycle, to me there is just nothing special to it... nice that you enjoy it (if you really do and not just pretend...), but that's about it...
Furthermore, by claiming the right to ride a motorcycle (or use any automotive), you're automatically obliged of dealing with things tire pressure, oil levels, etc... ;-)

Besides wrenching on my rigs (and in the job), I can feed myself, keep myself clean, load the dish/washer, run with the vacuum, press my own shirts, etc... so I survive absolutely fine without a female in da house... does this make me a strong man?? Don't think so... but it confuses the fool out of any "guests" that I don't depend on them... :p

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
You point out an interesting double standard.
IMHO is the DD growing way beyond "interesting"...

Over here girls that ride always claim that all others are incompetent/idiots, only her style/methods are correct, and they constantly keep yapping about how much of a "super-girl" they are... ufff... :roll:

Yes, you got a helmet and leathers/stitches thus you ride, dully noted... but that's the end of any "extra interest" you ever gonna get from that... sorry :wink:
You can imagine the disappointment that creates... uh-oh!... :lol:

During my times in an MC club we had two girls there, and they were always trying to challenge everyone...
During one trip through the Italian Dolomites one suddenly vanished... we were searching in teams for over 3 hours, already checking for slide-marks and in the ditches...
Turned out she was following the "wrong" VRF for quite some time, once that dude stopped for a smoke she finally realized "...$h!t, this ain't my group..."
She somehow made it back to a spot we were able to locate and guide her back, relieved that nothing serious had happened everyone had a smile and a giggle out of it... no, nobody purposely picked on her or such... $h!t happens, lets mount and get on...

Well, she didn't, after that tour/incident she was never seen again...

Ehh... we all screw up sometimes, big deal... so?

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
All the "boys" where my wife parks her scooter at work... are just boys. Elementary school boys. Except for one or two male teachers. All, without exception, think highly of her for riding a scoot. But she doesn't think anything special about it. She grew up on mopeds and such and riding a scooter seemed normal to her. All the male students, and even some of the female students, think she's the best teacher cuz she "rides" a scooter and they dream of having one of their own someday (scooter that is). Even the other teachers think it's neat that she rides a scooter but only one other teacher, male special ed teacher, rides also and sometimes they meet up part way to the school and accompany each other the rest of the way. She's also "just trying to get to work..." and save a little gas doing it.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
I often get judged pretty harshly for riding. Clearly I must be a ***** (Choose your favorite inappropriate word for masculine lesbian).
For me such would only come up due to behaviour and "the mouth" presented by the person in question, not sorely by the ways of transportation he/she arrived with...

...actually I am just trying to get to work each day, same as everyone else...
Which is a reasonable decision, you're getting by the queues, no time consuming hunt for parking spaces, and yes, it puts a little fun into commuting too...
Also I sometimes wear shirt and tie under the stitches, even appeared to job interviews...
For years a friend of mine commuted to the office on his ST, keeping a jacket and loafers at the workplace.
OTOH does the fact of the vehicle being an ST ease things; it would not be "appropriate" to appear like on a bobber or noisy hyper-sport...

Scooters are a pretty non competitive by now over here, their largely accepted by the society, at the max pityingly smiled at...
And the chicks riding those aren't the "I'm a statement!" breed either, skirt, pantyhose, high heels and an open face lid are a common sight down-town...

Bike
2007 ST1300
To me a girl that rides would be a definite bonus for a girlfriend/life partner.
My ideal woman would be a rider but there are many other factors that also matter a lot when choosing a person to share your life with.

Top Bottom