St vibrations.........ignition coil/breaking down?

Hi all I have recently converted from a yamaha Fjr to the St1300. I should have just skipped the FJR and gone to a St straight away as it was a natural progression from my non VTEC Vfr800

I'm having a few minor issues which might not be issues at all I suppose but I would appreciate some advice from other members and owners

*There seems to be a vibration through the bars at idle and a vibration through the fuel tank at certain rpms possibly 4-5krpm

*I think occasionally it is only running on 3 cylinders at idle and pulling away engine speeds (anything above 1500rpm seems fine and smooth)
I have replaced the coil packs and ignition leads from another 2002 bike which had covered 8500miles but still the same occasional low speed misfire appears

Maybe I'm expecting it to be too smooth and being a little hard but it certainly isn't nowhere near as smooth at idle as my old Vfr800 or FJR for that matter, could the 90' turn in engine layout cause vibration in the bars/bike at idle?

Last edited:
Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
It's a pretty smooth running engine but I've never compared to an FJR. Maybe find anotherST for a comparison.

What do the plugs look like?

An throttle body idle air balance/sync might help if nothing is acting up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom