Warning Light

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Sounds like your tb vac lines and 5 way tee are dirty.

OP
OP

nlscross

Nick Cross
It is quite possible. I have 61,000+ on the bike. I was on my way back to Miami from New York when the problem started. When I stopped and re-started the light stayed off for a few minutes.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Start here

Fault Code Check

Put the side stand down.

Start the engine and let it reach warm idle.

If the FI indicator goes out and does not light or blink, there are no fault codes.

IDEA! If the engine will not start, crank it for at least ten seconds and check the indicator.

Turn the ignition switch off.

Using a jumper, short the brown and green/orange wires on the diagnostic connector.

Turn the ignition switch on.

Set the engine stop switch to RUN.

If the FI indicator lights and remains on, there are no fault codes.

Note the number of blinks in each group and consult page 5-12 of the service manual for interpretation.

IDEA! Count a long blink (about 1.3 seconds) as ten (e.g, two long blinks and one short blink is code 21).
ALERT! Codes 25 and 26 are reversed in the manual. See ServiceManualCorrections for details.

Turn the ignition switch off.

Remove the jumper from the diagnostic connector.

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
Sorry, I don't know how to read the code.
When it comes on it should blink in a pattern. The link I posted just needs a paper clip in the red unused connector under the seat to coax it to spill its guts.

A short blink is 1. A long blink is 10. So two long blinks followed by a short blink would be 10+10+1= code 21.
If you can get it to spit out codes we can look it up if you don't have the service manual.

Cleaning the 5way and lines probably isn't a bad idea at 61k anyway if you're in there.

Mike hit the send button 1st LOL.

Last edited:
OP
OP

nlscross

Nick Cross
Thanks for the help gentlemen. I will try to make sense of all this on Saturday. Incidentally st1300r, I was on the New Jersey Turnpike when this whole problem started. Reminds me of the Woody Allen line in Sleeper....

Top Bottom