ABS Light flashing

nokesy

2007 ST1300A
Bike
2012 RSS Spyder
Just recently I went on a trip and my abs light started flashing, Brakes worked fine etc. Shut bike off and restarted it abs light worked normal for the next 2000 km. Now again just driving 40 km the light flashing started and when shut off and started again it stopped for a while and then started again. Driving back from the destination I did not get and flashing lights.

Any idea what is happening. is it the connection, sending unit or what. Any help would be appreciated.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Maybe some dirt on the sensor, that happened on my ST one time when I got the bike stuck in the mud. Cleaned the sensor and all is good.

it's giving you an error code . long flashes and short flashes .... you have to count them to see what your bike is telling you . I bet it's either 25 or 26 though witch is either the right or left knock sensor . next time you ride and it starts flashing stop and put the bike on the side stand and just turn the key off and back on . count flashes long ones =10 short ones =one so 2 long and six short = 26

OP
OP
nokesy

nokesy

2007 ST1300A
Bike
2012 RSS Spyder
it's giving you an error code . long flashes and short flashes .... you have to count them to see what your bike is telling you . I bet it's either 25 or 26 though witch is either the right or left knock sensor . next time you ride and it starts flashing stop and put the bike on the side stand and just turn the key off and back on . count flashes long ones =10 short ones =one so 2 long and six short = 26
No error code, once I turn it off it resets to light when to turn it on and when you start moving it shuts off. When the light comes on again (if it does) it is a continuious flash until you shut it off.

Top Bottom