Rider Down

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
That is not good! I hate to see that. I think we all hope that we make our decision to stop riding based on anything other than an accident.
I hope you heal well Bob, good luck.

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
So sorry to be reading this. I wish you the best in your recovery. I'm still in recovery from being hit from behind last October. Had 3 broken ribs and broken right scaphoid. Had to finally have surgery last January on the scaphoid and its taking forever to heal.

As for the end of riding, I have had a whole year to contemplate it. I guess I'm fortunate-unfortunate. I've got another ST to ride but it was my wife's as she has given up riding because of the accident. Damn to guy that hit me. He has taken that away from her. I have now ridden for 400 miles. I've been riding for the past 52 years with the exception of this past year so kinda hard to give it up.

So before you make your final decision that the end is here, give it a little time and maybe you'll return to riding?
Gary

STurgisSTeele

When did I become the "Old Man"!?
Bike
01 ST1100A (RIP)
STOC #
Heal faST Bob. Take it easy and don't rush to any conclusions. Hope all will be well for you.

OP
OP
Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
John, you are correct. The SSMST did not far well at all. Going round & round with the insurance company today. Working on getting fair price, but there are fewer & fewer of these every year, as you well know. I will try to get pictures tomorrow as the day is winding down.
Just more sad stuff.....

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
Totaled? That'd be real sad.

I hope you don't think it too insensitive of me, but I'm looking for a left saddlebag lid after my dirt road drop at WeSTOC... But I'd much rather see your SSMST restored to the operational fleet.

Looked at your X-rays again... YOUCH!

Regards, John
[Keeper of the Unofficial SSMST RegiSTry]

OP
OP
Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
I still have not looked at the bike. In few minutes I will be calling my insurance company for the final price conversation.
They have told me to take any of my aftermarket bits off. I will check the left hand bag to see if it is any good. My son tells me that one bag is to
toast with the other unit AOK, just not sure which one good I just keep putting off going over to look, so now that I have a good reason, it might happen.

Last edited:
Bike
2015 FJR1300 ES
Good luck and hope you heal up soon and sound! Don't make any decision to quick and besides, will all be there to deal with when you feel it's time. Take care and God Bless!

OP
OP
Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
Guys, I am still alive. Looked at the bike & I fully agree that it is totaled. Broke the upper triple clamp, bent the lower one to the point that it looks
like a boomerang. One fork is broken at the lower clamp. Rad is gone along with lower fairing. I took out the windshield + the upper plastic. What is good? From the engine maint covers back.
Left hand bag is gone, but the right is fine. The bike will be at Crashed Toys, East Bethel MN.(a cool name or what!?) They have a web site.

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
Just seen this.. Sorry to hear this. Glade you will be OK.. If there is anything I can do to help.. Just shout out.. I am only blocks away!

OP
OP
Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
Just a quick update. Yesterday I was able to go back to work! While this is light duty it is better than sitting at home.
Work your first day & get the weekend to recover.

migresch

"Carpe diem"
Bike
'04 ST-1300A
Sorry about your crash. Good to hear you're back at work. Don't count out getting back on the beaST. You'll be slow and over-cautious at first, but it will be fun, again. Guaranteed! I should know....been there, done that.

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Glad to hear you're back at work! As for riding, just take it a step at a time. I know all about being "skittish" on a bike after a crash, believe me!!

Just glad you're doing better. Focus on that for now.

Patty

Top Bottom