Rider Down

Reginald

cyclepoke
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Sorry about your crash. It's happened to me twice, both left turning nut's. Last time was in '78. I'm still "skittish" and I avoid cities. Get well, rehab, and see if would like to ride again. If not, there's plenty of sport cars out there.

OP
OP
Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
Well its time for a update. I have been released by all of the doctors. The damage includes nerves in the wrist
& 2 fingers, wrist has lost some range of motion ( throttle hand bummer ) and the elbow has range issues as well.
The shoulder has some limits too. Bottom line is I am still alive but the right side on me will never be as good as before.
I still plan on going over to Mary-Anne's in a few weeks & even starting to look at replacement
bikes.....

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Ya hooo good for you. sorry rehab didn't fix all of it. Keep us posted.

T

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
Glad you're looking for a new bike....after you drool over MaryAnns FJR you should stop in Onalaska and buy that leftover red one they have.......nice rides....good luck, ride safe........ff

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Know just what you're going through. After being totaled out on my ST, Oct 13, and being out of commission for a year, waiting for my broken ribs and scaphoid to heal, I realized that my right hand will never be the same. But you learn to adapt and go on. Back to riding now and feels like ole times. Good luck on the bike search. Guess I was lucky as my wife rode her own, ST, and after the accident she said she's done. That's after riding on two bikes for the past 38 years together.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Yeah, things like that happen after an accident. From my 2008 accident, I still have back pain when riding. Sometimes it is worst than other times, but makes being on the bike a little uncomfortable, but that doesn't stop me from riding! :bl13:

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Glad you are on the mend and still have a great outlook on life. Good luck with the search for a new ride.

OP
OP
Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
I took the first step back today. A work buddy have a Nighthawk S he passed down to his son.
I was able to take it out for a short ride this morning. No issues with the wrist getting the throttle to
wide open or problems holding the bike up while moving it around a parking lot.

Yes, a Nighthawk is not a ST but thing are looking up!!!
Back to looking for a ST.

ardykay54

Russ "NeonMan" Knock
Bike
22 Kaw Z900rs 50 ann
2024 Miles
STOC #
I took the first step back today. A work buddy have a Nighthawk S he passed down to his son.
I was able to take it out for a short ride this morning. No issues with the wrist getting the throttle to
wide open or problems holding the bike up while moving it around a parking lot.

Yes, a Nighthawk is not a ST but thing are looking up!!!
Back to looking for a ST.
Always did like the Nighthawk S (84 blue or red) but I was riding a V-65 Sabre at that time. Russ.......Good to see you're riding again!

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
Good news indeed! Glad you are back to riding and good luck with your search for a ST.
I was only out for 7 weeks with some shoulder surgery and it felt so good to be back on the bike yesterday. Hope you enjoy that same feeling I had soon!

Bike
2005 ST1300
It just goes to show you that you are one tough son of a gun. God bless and a complete and speedy recovery for you. Keep us posted (Cherry Wine is the fastest color :D)

Top Bottom