Advise on "NO HOTLINK"

Bike
ST1100
STOC #
No hotlink.jpgHi

I was browsing the forum and and needed to reply to a thread, when I logged in this interesting "NO HOTLINK" appears evrywhere on the forum.

It not there before I log in and I have noticed before and mentioned but I still have no solution.

This is the only forum Im on that this occurs

Any Ideas, please

Last edited:

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
I have never seen this message before.
I wonder if you have something in your cache or browser plugin that is blocking links.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
There's so malware or adware on your pc so need to run some scanning software. It's not the site but initially may look that way.

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
I counted 20+ tabs open... you may just have exceeded Memory capability, especially if youve not cleared the cache recently.

OP
OP
kappy5003
Bike
ST1100
STOC #
Interesting, I have cleared cache.

Opened page on different computer and same result, and this only happens when I log in, if I'm just viewing doesn't happen.

I then open forum on my phone using different provider and different server same result.

Could it be Google chrome.

OP
OP
kappy5003
Bike
ST1100
STOC #
Hi All,
Well ive done a complete malware scan and removed some stuff, however the issue is still there.

Interestingly it doesn't seem to matter whether I use Chrome or Firefox, still occurs.

Several interesting points it only occurs on this forum and only after I log in, doesn't occur if I'm just browsing and it only happens on this forum and I subscribed to 3 other Motor cycle forums and 4 car forums.

Has to be some conflict between this forum and and windows 7 maybe.

It occurs on Pics that I posted to the forum.

Bike
07 ST1300A
It occurs on Pics that I posted to the forum.
As far I can determine, it has nothing to do with the OS/browser etc, but with the site hosting the picture not allowing hotlinks (direct deep links to images whose referrers usually in a different domain than the documents originally referring to the image) . Most site use scripts that serve up the NO HOTLINK images if they see that he HTTP REFERERs are different from the on they expect for those images. Are the pictures hosted by the st-owners.com domain or some other hosting site? The link to the picture would help.
--Ram

Last edited:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
As far I can determine, it has nothing to do with the OS/browser etc, but with the site hosting the picture not allowing hotlinks (direct deep links to images whose referrers usually in a different domain than the documents originally referring to the image) . Most site use scripts that serve up the NO HOTLINK images if they see that he HTTP REFERERs are different from the on they expect for those images. Are the pictures hosted by the st-owners.com domain or some other hosting site? The link to the picture would help.
--Ram
+1, it may happen on the site but it's not the site causing it. Need to know what those images point to 1st which may help.

Top Bottom