Two Brothers installed: ST is no longer a Stealth Shark

Bike
2004 ST 1300
After a year of procrastinating, I found a used set of Two Brothers pipes in the classified for $100, plus shipping, and I jumped on them. They arrived in excellent shape and they were easy to install. I knew they were going to be loud even before the bike started as I could hear the hollow pipe chamber echo as the starter engaged. Still, not a bad sound once on the highway, and earplugs are in place. I was happy that they were the M2 pipe, and I could order the PX1 Power Tip right away. The PX1 tips were installed yesterday and were a great improvement, mainly for the neighbors.

Now for the performance. I did a before and after road test, using the poor man's methods of measurement. A simple stop watch on the tank and several runs on easy to find level ground in Kansas, measuring the time for top gear 60 to 80 MPH roll-ons. Stock pipes averaged 4.44 seconds. The Two Brothers average was 3.92. Looks like a solid half second gain. The Two Brothers website shows the dyno results for the ST really fattens up the torque in mid-range, right where you need it. I am not new to TB pipes. I put them on 2 different Beemers and had great results. The gain for them was nearly 3/4 of a second. My lowly BMW R1150R will do a top gear roll-on in about 3.3 seconds. The light twin Beemer can whip the ST silly on urban assault missions, but the ST will blow right by once the Flux Capacitor is engaged.

The popping during deceleration on the ST is not bad at all. It must be tuned just right. I am a very happy ST owner at this time!!!

troystr68

Troyster
I have to agree!!
I just added a set of Two brothers "Black" series Slip on's to my ST1300 and as it is louder then I expected the performance gains OUT WAY the volume!!
Once you are to cruising speed it magically gets quieter
these things smoothed out the entire tach. I am beyond impressed on how much more fun the bike is to ride
BLACK CLOSE.jpg

Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
I have the older model staintunes on mine I bought used for $600 and I noticed a difference in performance immediately, mpg went up a little too. Just a little growl when I ride normally but the beast roars like monster in some B rated movie when I get on it hard. Stock exhaust are boring.

troystr68

Troyster
I have the older model staintunes on mine I bought used for $600 and I noticed a difference in performance immediately, mpg went up a little too. Just a little growl when I ride normally but the beast roars like monster in some B rated movie when I get on it hard. Stock exhaust are boring.
AGREE 100%
I would not mind a mileage increase but what it already has done was well worth the cost in my eyes

OP
OP
SainT 1300
Bike
2004 ST 1300
I have to agree!!
I just added a set of Two brothers "Black" series Slip on's to my ST1300 and as it is louder then I expected the performance gains OUT WAY the volume!!
Once you are to cruising speed it magically gets quieter
these things smoothed out the entire tach. I am beyond impressed on how much more fun the bike is to ride
You are right about the sound not being too bad at cruising speed. You might want to order a set of Power Tips. I got a set from Revzilla at a discount from what Two Bros charges. They help quite a bit at idle. The gold tips look sharp as well. Yes, the bike is a lot more fun to ride!!!

Top Bottom