My first road trip on the new ST1300

troystr68

Troyster
Well I rode 350 miles Saturday AM and then back 350 miles on Sunday Morning
total time was 13 hours in the saddle
the Bike was amazing rode beyond my expectations
AND you can put one hell of a lot of guns and ammo in the saddle bags I found out LOL
Was 42 degrees when I left and 85 when I arrived down in southern Illinois
ME well.................... if I could have stopped to get new knees I would have
that's the ONLY part of my body that gave me problems
I had to stop every 100 miles for water and to give the knee's a rest
I was going ot adjust the seat higher but I am currently flat footed on the ground at the lowest setting so I did not make this change

so my list of NEW parts will be as follows
HIGHWAY PEGS!!!!!
two brothers Exhaust to help keep me awake
a Cruise control that Stays SET!! mine did the job but I want a better one
and ALPINE STAR BOOTS damn were my feet cold in the morning
other then that I LOVE this thing!!!

So who makes the best highway pegs for these?

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I'm guessing that you didn't do that ride on the stock saddle, or if you did you have a :butt1: made of iron! :eek:4:

OP
OP
troystr68

troystr68

Troyster
yep the bike is 100% stock and the seat was actually really comfy!!
I have done this before on sport bikes so this was like riding a couch!!!
only thing that gave me issues were the knees

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
yep the bike is 100% stock and the seat was actually really comfy!!
I have done this before on sport bikes so this was like riding a couch!!!
only thing that gave me issues were the knees
I'm amazed! :yr1:

My first trip was a 1,200 mile trip that by the time I got half way through, I had such a case of VSB (Very sore :butt1: ) that it was all I could do to :bl13: home! :eek:4:

You are one of the few that actually like the stock saddles! Congrats are in order! :D

Viggo

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 Goldwing
STOC #
Congrats on your first trip. For me, MCL Gen2 (Motorcycle Larry) are the best highway pegs for the ST but I've seen others that look like they work well. Just come to a SToc event and see what other people have mounted. Most would let you sit on their bike to get a feel for them if you ask nicely.

"HIGHWAY PEGS!!!!!"
Here in France (you know, this small country on the other side of the Ocean :), we're are fleeing as much as possible the highway, looking for twisty roads...
Interesting how different we are riding, but both loving the ST !

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Here in France (you know, this small country on the other side of the Ocean , we're are fleeing as much as possible the highway, looking for twisty roads...
Oh.. we look for the twisty roads too.. but sometimes we have to cross over a state the size of a small country before we can get to the good ones.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
"HIGHWAY PEGS!!!!!"
Here in France (you know, this small country on the other side of the Ocean :), we're are fleeing as much as possible the highway, looking for twisty roads...
Yeah... and CRUISE CONTROL??!!! :shock: :lol:

The US are a completely different terrain in this...

We spend a max of 20~40 minutes on a boring, straight national-road or motorway to then exit into the interesting, rural parts where we spend the rest of the day/s... having to stay 1 hour or more on a motorway is the ultimate torture for me... sitting there, motionless, butt, knees, neck get sore and tense... absolutely unbearable... I want to get off!!... (in this the French N-4 is just hell :wink: but required to cover some miles in reasonable time...)

I once tried a Corbin saddle on my 1100... sorry, no use... it really limits my mobility to manoeuvre the bike properly through changing twisties and switchbacks (even makes it hard to turn in the city or get tight corners in parking lots)... sold it after not even 400km/250miles, went back to the OEM seat and never looked back...

So lucky you are.
France is a so amazing country, but so small regarding yours.
Any way , you're welcome !:amflag:

omniron

...rider of V'GER
Bike
18 Kawi Ninja H2SXSE
That's the way it is in the Southwest -- miles of straight road to get to the curves. This last summer, however, I rode for 7 days in Colorado. I'm here to tell you there are NO bad roads in Colorado. Even the roads to get to the great roads are very good.

DaveH

Max Spying
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
The only issues I've ever had with the ST is the knees(and the stock seat). I opted for new knees!! Since being installed the new knees have done great and I can ride in comfort!

Top Bottom