India-Nepal-Bhutan

Hi Guys,
This is a little about my trip through three beautiful countries. It was a trip fueled by curiosity as i remember these two countries being perfect for motorcycle touring from the last time i was there about 15 years ago and partly business, as some people had asked me about being able to organize a motorcycle tour through India, Nepal and Bhutan, so i wanted to check it out first to see if it was even possible to do a tour through these three countries in one trip.
I had a friend from California join me on this tour, her name is Cristi.
We rode 2 Royal Enfields 500cc Classic EFI. Total distance approx 3000 km.
We did it in 14 days but we pulled in many long riding days as we wanted to spend a day or two in the big destinations we hit Like Rishikesh(India), Jim Corbett National Park(India), Bardia National Park(Nepal), Pokhra(Nepal), Katmandu(Nepal), Kalimpong(India), Darjeeling(India), Thimpu(Bhutan), Paro(Bhutan).

OP
OP
Glad you had a good trip. If you took pics please post them.
You might want to read the trip report from Indian Express...Himalayan tour.

Hey Jim, thank you for youR interest. The trIp was amazing, better than we expected as we expected some bad monsoon weather but thankfully hardly any rain on riding days and the roads was surprisingly perfect.
Jim good to hear you liked reading about the Himalayan Tour. I organised it with the Indian express( Fali ), It was amazing to have met a few of your St Club members and I hope to take many more tripping all over India, Nepal and Bhutan

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
I've been following along Tashi. When you have time post up a few photos so we can enjoy the scenery.
Glad you are home safe and the trip was successful. Catch up with you soon.

OP
OP
I've been following along Tashi. When you have time post up a few photos so we can enjoy the scenery.
Glad you are home safe and the trip was successful. Catch up with you soon.
Hey Fali, it was an incredible experience riding through all the countries especially Nepal and Bhutan. It was true adventure. I'm afraid it's given me a taste of crossing boundaries and borders. Next personal tour will defienetly take me to china and beyond maybe hahhahahahhaha. I am gonna have to take you on this Nepal, Bhutan tour next year.

Bike
Had 95 11 & 06 13
Hey Tashi - and Fali,

I'll be in Mussoorie, arriving on the 20th of this month...class reunion!!
Some of our group is staying at Doma's - I got placed just up the road...
Will you be around there, Tashi, from 20th - 25th?
Am also going with a group on a trek to Chandrashila on 26th...
Look forward to meeting you, Tashi,
Gord

Bike
Had 95 11 & 06 13
HI again...
Was wondering about border crossings on the bikes - esp. with a foreigner...but the bikes being owned by you, Tashi, there's probably no issue, eh?
Gord

OP
OP
HI again...
Was wondering about border crossings on the bikes - esp. with a foreigner...but the bikes being owned by you, Tashi, there's probably no issue, eh?
Gord
Hi Gord, sorry will miss you there in Mussoorie as i am in Northeast India and will be here till the 5th of November, then i ride back to Mussoorie, that will take another 4-5 days as i pass through West Bengal- Bihar and Uttar Pradesh. Have an awesome Reunion and enjoy your trek to 13000ft. I have never been to Chandershila but its definitely on my list of things to do soon. The 360 view of Nanda Devi, Bandaur Punch and chaukhamba will be intense man.
If you need any help in Mussoorie email me at Tashibang@gmail.com

The border crossing was tedious but got through it without any problems. It was my first time so running around the various offices for permits for man and machine took a lot of time and Nepal is no different to India when it comes to confusing a tourist to the extent of him ripping his hair out but next time would be a breeze. The condition of the roads in Nepal and Bhutan blew my mind, i couldn't believe how good they were especially since 70% of them have been built by India and the roads in India suck so much.

Top Bottom