New KTM 1290 Adventure bike...

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
... as copied from Gizmag:[h=2]KTM[/h][h=3]1290 Super Adventure[/h]
The Super Adventure gets the batsh*t-crazy engine from the psychopathic Super Duke R, but it's detuned from 180 hp (134 kW) down to 160 (119 kW). That's still a heck of a lot of shunt, but the Super Adventure packs in some very tasty safety gear, including traction control, hill start assist and Bosch's Cornering ABS, a braking system that's sensitive to your lean angle and helps to avoid lowsides and stand-up/run off crashes. KTM calls this "the safest bike in the world." It also gets semi-active suspension, tire pressure monitors, cruise control and LED cornering lights that respond to your lean angle to light up around bends. Your move, BMW!

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Quite a resume on this beast, and it looks better (to me anyway) than most of the adventure bikes out there. Nice to see a KTM with the corporate orange toned down to a minimum. Probably way too tall for me, unfortunately.

Funny that the rider pictured above appears to be going on an adventure to check on his yacht! Is there no dirt in this bike's adventuring? Guess the guys on DRZ's and KLR's must be going on dirty adventures to check on their canoes.

Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
They keep going the wrong way - bigger, heavier, less suspension travel. But then, I'm out of touch with most market trends so if I don't like it, they'll probably sell like hot cakes.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
The new Africa Twin will kick the Katy em's butt :D
Yeah, it would ;-)... only that I don't see it coming... Honda seems to have given up on any big, rugged enduro bike...

With all the bells & whistles that 1290 could be an excellent bike... as long as all that stuff proves reliable...
Don't get me wrong, their assembling them almost around the corner from me, great off-road/dual-sport toys, but kinda stigmatized...
And the more complicated stuff they pack in, the higher the risks of facing issues... MHO...

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
and it looks better (to me anyway)
The front of the big KTMs has alway reminded me of the painting "The Scream". Don't get me wrong I like the KTMs but every time I see one this painting pops up in my head.

Gerhard

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
That's funny...I can see that. Maybe Edvard Munch was a consulting designer to KTM?

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
The Scream ... yup, I can see it. :D

This bike may be screaming for a new pilot in the promo shoot! Lean into the corner buddy! ;-)
intermot-new-motorcycles-roundup-36.jpg

I do like the driving lights integrated into the side fairing. :yes:

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
Which keeps me off most bikes of this ilk...ah, but the Super Tenere was different!
Yes. I compared the 2 a little while ago.
If I recall most measurements (ground clearance, wheel sizes, ergos, susp travel, rake, etc) were pretty close. (HP & torque - not so much, but the S10 does fine :shrug2: )

Seat height is a very important factor for many of us. A little difference can mean a lot. And on the KTM it seemed a long way to the ground.

Bike
st 1100
The Scream ... yup, I can see it. :D

This bike may be screaming for a new pilot in the promo shoot! Lean into the corner buddy! ;-)
intermot-new-motorcycles-roundup-36.jpg

I do like the driving lights integrated into the side fairing. :yes:
He was leaning into the corner but he had just bounced the left pannier on the tarmac :)

Bike
2018 GL1800 DCT Tour
Since Kawasaki is no longer beating the Versys with the ugly stick they sold it to KTM.

FWIW I do like both bikes, especially the new Versys.

Bike
Vstrom 650
Since Kawasaki is no longer beating the Versys with the ugly stick they sold it to KTM.

FWIW I do like both bikes, especially the new Versys.
The new Africa Twin could also be a great bike,if it ever arrives,1000cc on road and off road orientated versions from what I'm reading,not too heavy and Honda's build quality,only thing they mightn't bring it Stateside for you guys if the past is anything to go by.why I don't know.

Bike
2010 ST1300
The bike is tall, but something about the rider's right foot position strikes me as odd. Either said leg is disconnected from his body or he is one very tall dude.

... as copied from Gizmag:KTM

1290 Super Adventure

Bike
2013 650 vSTrom
STOC #
The bike is tall, but something about the rider's right foot position strikes me as odd. Either said leg is disconnected from his body or he is one very tall dude.
Haha....I noticed the same thing. It's not at the correct angle, or I'm on drugs.

Bike
Vstrom 650
Yeah, it would ... only that I don't see it coming... Honda seems to have given up on any big, rugged enduro bike...
Looks like she turned up at Eicma Martin,they must have got there through a field though,she's covered in muck:D

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
Haha....I noticed the same thing. It's not at the correct angle, or I'm on drugs.
Looks like the model was sitting on the bike on a center stand or someother upright fixture....and the foot was added in later.....I think the call this PHOTOCHOPPING.........wonder if you can fish walleyes out of those boats? :D ff

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Looks like she turned up at Eicma Martin...
Maybe they must produce a series model in order to meet the homologation requirements for race-class and motor-sport??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homologation_(motorsport)

Could mean a "limited edition" of like 600 or 900 competition bikes with beefed up engine, frame and suspension, and maybe a soft version with off the self engine/equipment for the masses (rattle-can mud not included for those unworthy :p )...

Top Bottom