New ST just arrived at dealers

Bike
Goldwing Bagger
Having ordered the new Ion Blue ST, I've been waiting since July to get my new ST which has been sitting in the docks for a couple of weeks as well. It arrived at the dealers yesterday and just been up to see it.

Difficult to ride as it's still in the crate

Pleased with the colour though so worth waiting for. Should be on the road by next weekend.

Trevor

ESB

STRIDER
Bike
'07 ST 1300
That ION could B pretty cool! - Hope it looks better in the sunlight. Is this bike and color loaded into their website ?? YEAH - I'd like to see the Pix, when this thing is on the street.

Zonker

Matt Christian
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
As we all know, scientifically, Blue is faster, great choice, and Congratulations!

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Congrats Trevor! The Honda UK website represents that color poorly, it would seem. I too would enjoy seeing the color once the bike is outside. :yes:

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
BakerBoy, the only two ST1300s I saw on the Honda UK website were red and black. I couldn't see where it stated the model year, so don't know if they were 2014 or 2015 models. Were we looking at the same site?

OP
OP
Bike
Goldwing Bagger
It was ordered in July but if you look at various Honda dealer sites, some have the blue on line some don't...

Can I tell the model year from the chassis number? If I look at the model number, it's showing 14 in brackets so assume it is still a 2014 model.

The colour is much better than what is shown on line, I'll get some more photos up once it's been built up.

Regards

Trevor

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I like the look of the color (colour) in your pics and presume it will only get better in the sunlight. And yeah PICS!

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
It was ordered in July but if you look at various Honda dealer sites, some have the blue on line some don't...

Can I tell the model year from the chassis number? If I look at the model number, it's showing 14 in brackets so assume it is still a 2014 model.

The colour is much better than what is shown on line, I'll get some more photos up once it's been built up.

Regards

Trevor
10th digit of VIN is E for 2014 or F for 2015
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_identification_number
:)

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
And all we get is multiple years of freaking black? (no offence to those of you who are Henry Ford fans). The ST1300 is really the ugly stepsister of the NA Honda lineup. No respect. :(

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Hey MOTHER HONDA, where is the US model?

O I forgot, we are dealing with Honda of America.

Hey AMERICANS, why aren't you buying this model in quantities large enough to make it worth our while to import it?

--Mother Honda

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Hey AMERICANS, why aren't you buying this model in quantities large enough to make it worth our while to import it?

--Mother Honda
It is a vicious circle. If the product is not marketed then it won't sell, if it wont sell it is not Marketed. If the consumer does not know about the product it won't sell. Motorcycles are not advertised well in the US. Just look at all the auto commercials. when was the last time you saw a add for a motorcycle? Far and few between, if any.

If the ST1300's are not in the dealerships, How can I buy it if I don't know what and where it is. Market it properly and it will sell. Get rid of some of the Harley wannabees bikes, and Gold Sofas and put the ST on the sales floor. Price it properly and give it some modern up grades.

Bike
1994 ST1100
It is a vicious circle. If the product is not marketed then it won't sell, if it wont sell it is not Marketed. If the consumer does not know about the product it won't sell. Motorcycles are not advertised well in the US. Just look at all the auto commercials. when was the last time you saw a add for a motorcycle? Far and few between, if any.

If the ST1300's are not in the dealerships, How can I buy it if I don't know what and where it is. Market it properly and it will sell. Get rid of some of the Harley wannabees bikes, and Gold Sofas and put the ST on the sales floor. Price it properly and give it some modern up grades.
+1 on that! Last time I saw motorcycle commercial was spring- early summer for BMW bikes and I see more of them on streets despite major recalls...

Mark

Top Bottom