New ST just arrived at dealers

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Motorcycles are not advertised well in the US.
And WHY is that? Because most Americans and Canadians are brainwashed on the image thing, ever since Hollister, way back whenever. The major manufacturers know it is an uphill battle. You gotta have a Harley to have that big bad image, and of course, wear all the stupid Harley logo leather gear with a beanie helmet, or none, to show you are a real man. Then there's those that need all that plus the EXTRA loud pipes, just so you'll be sure to see them, when really, their "manhood" SHORTcomings are the source of their belligerence. I have come to detest that crowd more every year.

For those who might be wondering about the Hollister reference, there's this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pissed_Off_*******s_of_Bloomington

Last edited:

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
And WHY is that? Because most Americans and Canadians are brainwashed on the image thing, ever since Hollister, way back whenever. The major manufacturers know it is an uphill battle. You gotta have a Harley to have that big bad image, and of course, wear all the stupid Harley logo leather gear with a beanie helmet, or none, to show you are a real man. Then there's those that need all that plus the EXTRA loud pipes, just so you'll be sure to see them, when really, their "manhood" SHORTcomings are the source of their belligerence. I have come to detest that crowd more every year.
# 1 on that.

ST13Fred

Fred
Bike
2015 Motus MST
Another +1 on that. The USA will always be a huge cruiser market because of Harley, for better or worse.

Smoooooothness governs my way of thinking.
Vibration and an out of balance condition is the epitome of why I love Honda and dislike Harley; 2 polar opposites. Mechanical devices thrive on smoothness and fail (eventually) with vibration...nuff said.

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
VERY nice color. Love that color. Good to see a newer model ST in any country.

BTW- Same ION Blue color as mine! :grin:

"Price it properly and give it some modern upgrades."

BINGO!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

The ST is priced too high compared to the competition. Yamaha and BMW have cruise control and heated grips, suspension adjustment, and some other minor things I can't remember. Traction control is one, a selection of riding modes by a switch of a button too. ABS is standard and has been on BMW's for years. The ST is just priced too high, absent all those extras that are standard on the competition. Heck, it doesn't even have cruise control, for crying out loud! A Touring bike without cruise control is a joke! My dealer will not even stock them anymore. Plus, he also sells BMW's...and has no problems selling them either.

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
"Price it properly and give it some modern upgrades."

BINGO!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

The ST is priced too high compared to the competition. Yamaha and BMW have cruise control and heated grips, suspension adjustment, and some other minor things I can't remember. Traction control is one, a selection of riding modes by a switch of a button too. ABS is standard and has been on BMW's for years. The ST is just priced too high, absent all those extras that are standard on the competition. Heck, it doesn't even have cruise control, for crying out loud! A Touring bike without cruise control is a joke! My dealer will not even stock them anymore. Plus, he also sells BMW's...and has no problems selling them either.
The price for a new ST is laughable compared to the other brands. I really don't think Honda is trying to sell ANY STs in this country at all. If they are, then they need to have their heads examined because they are WAY out of touch. Name and reliability history can only carry you so far and the price of a new ST lies outside those boundaries for most Americans. I know my Level 5 dealer was very happy to sell the "birthday bike" they had on the showroom floor for almost two years. They're aren't getting any more.
Mike

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
You guys don't think Harleys are overpriced??:confused:

Hardly Driveables still continue to sell very well in the USA, despite the outrageous prices being asked for machines that have taken 60 years to start moving away from 1940's technology.

Price of the ST has nothing to do with it, as the Harley experience shows. Plain and simple - North Americans love their cruiser image.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Hey AMERICANS, why aren't you buying this model in quantities large enough to make it worth our while to import it?

--Mother Honda

Hey, Mother Honda, how about updating this bike that has been produced, effectively unchanged except for color, since 2002? How about adding some features and removing some weight? How about making a wider range of factory accessories available? How about improving the breed, not sitting on your elderly laurels?

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
That's a very classy color... I like it.

OP
OP
Bike
Goldwing Bagger
Thanks, the colour looks great in the sun, shame we're nearly into winter lol.

Only had time for a short ride yesterday and my nieces wedding today means I won't be out until tomorrow but weather looking reasonable so planning a good ride out then to break her in gently...

Trevor

Bike
'07 ST1300
The new ST 1300 arrived in the year 2003..... the rest is just brightly colored copies of the original :mad: :banghead:

Top Bottom