Anyone know what this is?

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Cleaning up the garage a little bit this afternoon, and saw this on the floor under the right front of the ST, just about right under the mirror. I'm fairly certain that it came from the bike, but don't know where. Thinking I've seen something that looks a lot like it somewhere around the mirror housing. Not a very good photo, but you can see what it looks like. It's flexible, black rubber, looks like it may be something to seal out water, or dampen vibration?

Attachments

Bike
2021 Tracer 9GT
STOC #
Rubber garnish that probably used to live between your right mirror housing and the fairing. Easy to fall off, easy to replace. It has a hole and a barbed tab on it to keep it in place.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I don't think that has a hole in it.

Doesn't look like it belongs to the ST.

Kevin_56

Site Supporter
Bike
20 R1250RT
STOC #
Doesn't look like it belongs to the ST.
As many times I had my 1300 apart for my oil leak, never saw anything like this.

Could you repost a picture with a ruler next to it so we can see how big it is. That might help identify it is from the bike.

OP
OP
Don B
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I looked at the Ron Ayers fiche after I posted this and haven't yet found anything there that resembles what I found on the floor, so I'm now thinking it may have come from something else. If I find myself losing any sleep over it, I'll just pop off the mirror covers to see if there's one in place on the other side. BTW, it is ~1-7/8" long, tip to tip. Thanks everyone for the replies.

Don

OP
OP
Don B
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Cleaning up the garage a little bit this afternoon, and saw this on the floor under the right front of the ST, just about right under the mirror. I'm fairly certain that it came from the bike, but don't know where. Thinking I've seen something that looks a lot like it somewhere around the mirror housing. Not a very good photo, but you can see what it looks like. It's flexible, black rubber, looks like it may be something to seal out water, or dampen vibration?
The rest of the story. Just happened to find where the mystery item came from yesterday, after 4 months. Just shows to go how attentive some of us old guys are. :D

Attachments

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Good catch.

Also serves as a reminder [to me] that our clothing and gloves deteriorate... this reminds me that I need to replace my Joe Rocket Honda summer gloves as one of the velcro wrist straps has started to delaminate from the fabric (glue bond is failing).

Top Bottom