1999 ST1100A Saddlebag fitment

Just for fun, several kids at my school thought it would be 'fun' to play on my ST parked in the parking lot. You guessed it... Now I have a crushed right side saddlebag complete with corkscrew grind marks in the paint as a result of the ensuing panic to try and right the bike, a destroyed mirror and housing and a trashed crash winglet. Kids - aren't they grand!
In any case (pun intended), I cannot seem to find if type 20 bags like on mine are compatible with other ST1100 models from earlier years. There are a few bags used out there used ($1100 + new) but I cannot seem to locate a relatively inexpensive new one. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any input. Cheers!

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Here's another "OUCH" for you. I'd bet the "antlers" under the upper fairing, which hold the mirrors on, is bent too. This can cause misalignment of some mounting points on the plastic and the mirror. No way to track the little buggers down and present the bill to the parents??

AFAIK, all the panniers for all years were the same.

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
Do you need the whole saddle bag or just the outside/painted part?

OP
OP
It may be cheaper to buy the whole bag. The outside lid is scratched all to H E double hockey sticks and the black interior portion of the saddlebag is cracked along the entire length from front to back.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Any year will fit without any issues.
If it's black you'll be able to paint to match easily too!

Be careful when you move the locks as there are some small fiddly bits.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Just for fun, several kids at my school thought it would be 'fun' to play on my ST parked in the parking lot. You guessed it...
Considering the possible damages I can only hope that the campus security got hold of them, and they've to come up for the damages...

As already mentioned are there risks that the cowl-stay (sub-frame) got bend when the mirror hit the ground... I'd check all gaps/dimensions.

The pannier of any year would fit physically, one point to consider is the wear...
The sand/debris splashed up by the rear wheel will collect in the pannier rails, and abrades the plastics (as well as the steel inlay on the pannier).
So if you get a significantly "older" bag then yours, it might hang more outward and a tad lower then the genuine one (or vice versa if your panniers are "older" as the donated one...)

Top Bottom