looking for a handlebar mounted on/off/on switch

Bike
04 ST
STOC #
I have purchased a set of grip heaters and an mcl riser block with powerlet. My intent is to acquire/install a quartet harness to run these. The switch that came with the heaters is a butt-ugly black plastic toggle and I don't want to drill the plastic to mount it. Finding a switch that will control high and low heat settings (on/off/on) is proving to be a frustrating experience. Ideally I will find either a handlebar mounted switch or a flush mount rocker that I can mount on the horizontal surface of the plastic just below the left hand glove box. Any one had a similar challenge and found a solution?

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
Many years ago, I bought a set of heated grips that were designed for a ST 1300 and fitted them to my ST 1100. That kit came with an electronic switch device that allows for four different levels of heating, from 'just barely warm' to 'red hot'. All of the circuitry for the modulation of the electricity is contained within the control switch.

I've posted a picture showing the switch and the Honda part number below. Perhaps you might be able to buy the switch alone (as a repair part) from a Honda dealer.

Michael

ST 1300 Heated Grip Kit

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I have purchased a set of grip heaters and an mcl riser block with powerlet. My intent is to acquire/install a quartet harness to run these. The switch that came with the heaters is a butt-ugly black plastic toggle and I don't want to drill the plastic to mount it. Finding a switch that will control high and low heat settings (on/off/on) is proving to be a frustrating experience. Ideally I will find either a handlebar mounted switch or a flush mount rocker that I can mount on the horizontal surface of the plastic just below the left hand glove box. Any one had a similar challenge and found a solution?
West Marine sells a Single Pole Dual Throw (SPDT)rocker switch mfg p/n 58027-03-BP. Cole Hershee is the mfg, West Marine p/n 192163. Cole Hershee also makes SPDT switches that are lit when Lo or Hi are selected. Myself, I just mounted the supplied switches in out of sight locations on my bikes.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Have alook at this switch- http://www.hotgrips.com/store.php?crn=201&rn=390&action=show_detail
I like these types of switches because they are infinately adjustable and electronic so you can get the grip temperatue exactly where you want it and not waste electrical capacity. This one mounts with a very small foot-print. I am sure there are many other similars types available.

Here is another example- http://oxford-products.com/us/products/Heaterz-V8-Heat-Controller.html

Here is a simple Hi-Lo as you mentioned. It is not handle bar mounted but it is very small and low profile - http://oxford-products.com/us/products/Panel-Mount-HiLo-Switch.html

Top Bottom