Mirror wind deflectors...polished stainless..

After a few colder mornings here in Ohio (45* and below)...Ive discovered that pretty much just my hands get bitterly uncomfortably cold...

With some scrap polished stainless from old overhead lighting fixtures..10min of cardboard mock up and some snips...

Viola...

I put a couple kicks in them for rigidity and to bump the airflow I hope..The 40 mile ride home will tell!!

Attachments

OP
OP
OH YEAH!!

Those make all the difference in the world!!
Even got to test them in the first rain Ive ridden thru in 10yrs!!

they deflect way up and over..

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
electric hand grip warmers
That's not always enough for some people. In some cases members have found the tops of their hands stay cold and only the bottoms warm up.

I've tried several heavy winter gloves and my hands get painfully cold in 35-40d ambient air. Don't know what I'd do if I had to ride in some of the <30d temps some of these guys ride in.

Deflecting the wind can be more effective on a couple of levels. Cheaper and no drain on the battery and overall installation is easier. This doesn't mean that they're better than heated grips just that they may be enough to make electric grips unnecessary for some riders.

Bike
92 ST1100
That's not always enough for some people. In some cases members have found the tops of their hands stay cold and only the bottoms warm up.

I've tried several heavy winter gloves and my hands get painfully cold in 35-40d ambient air. Don't know what I'd do if I had to ride in some of the <30d temps some of these guys ride in.

Deflecting the wind can be more effective on a couple of levels. Cheaper and no drain on the battery and overall installation is easier. This doesn't mean that they're better than heated grips just that they may be enough to make electric grips unnecessary for some riders.
A good ole' pair of VetterHippoHamds solves the issue, no matter how cold it is;).

Top Bottom