New pan, comfort at last!!

Bike
ST1100, 1998 non abs
Hi Folks

Well ive had my Pan for 4 days now and I think its a really good machine.

Ive changed from a 650 Vstrom which was 4 yrs old with 28k on the clock, been round France, Scotland and this year Ireland on that bike which it did with ease, the main downside for me was the seat.........so uncomfortable for me and a back complaint was becoming a problem due to the sit up and beg position.

So the pan I find very comfy, the only thing I have changed as of today is the std screen for a nice 22" item which should block out a fair bit of wind noise, im on the motorway tomorrow so will find out then.

I like the slightly sporty riding position seems to ease the pressure on my back and the seat( which I was sure id need to change ) seems very good so time will tell.

The main thing I like is the build quality of the bike, my Vstrom was not doing so well with corrosion problems due to all year round use, which in the good old UK is 90% rain:mad:, the pan is 15yr old and in very good condition, ive not had the plastic off yet but the frame parts I can see seem ok, swingarm fine, shocker has the gaiter fitted and the exhausts are motad s/steel items that were added in 2003.

I have a few cosmetic parts to refinish like fork bottoms and give the radiator a spray of black, and one of the pannier locks needs attention, so all very picky stuff really but I want to keep this bike as good as I can, funny as I wasn't really that bothered about the Vstrom( mechanically 100%) as I saw it as a thing for the sole purpose of a-b transport.

Anyway just my thoughts on the machine, just get used to the different riding style and all will be good.
cheers
chris:)

OP
OP
caddyman
Bike
ST1100, 1998 non abs
Fitted the new 22" screen and what a difference it makes, can have my visor up at 80mph on motorway with ease, very little wind noise with visor down at the same speed, so I can listen to the radio too:)
cheers
chris

Heyup lad,

Another blue ST1100 owner here from Lancashire... Morecambe to be exact.

You can see some of what I've done to my bike on my YouTube channel. Search YT for "FlyingPanMan" and you'll find my vids.

Top Bottom