Two brothers BLack Series Slip on review

troystr68

Troyster
Well, took my first ride after having the new pipes installed and let me tell you its much louder then then stock
Has a nice beefy growl at low speeds that seems to magically quiet down at highway speeds
I don't finds it offensive or over the top like a V twin Can be I in fact Like the tone!!
the best part about this upgrade is what it did to the ride ability of my ST1300!!
My wife TOLD ME that the bikes is so smoother now during accelerating and shifting and I AGREE!!!!

it is 100% Smoother to ride!!!!!!!
it made the bike even MORE fun then it was the day I rode her home!!!

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
My wife's ST had the Two Brothers mufflers on it and I road it back from Tennessee and it was way to loud for my likings even with ear plugs. I switched them out for the Staintune mufflers which have a nice tone but are not load and make your ears and head vibrate after riding. I hope you like yours better!

Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
I bought a used set of well kept Two Brothers M-2 cans with the P1 power tip from a member on this site. As with all the other purchases that I've made through this site, it was easy painless and the product was better than expected. What a great bunch of people. 1st ride, When I started the bike to hear them, BIG GRIN. I noticed when I would rap it up, on the RPM drop, it would pop. After a few miles I noticed the popping was all but gone. Only a little burbling(is that a word) during deceleration. Does the computer relearn mapping or something? I headed out for a little ride, and was pleasantly surprised. Great sound running through the gears, but when I reached highway speeds, it was quiet enough for me to easily hear my Scala playing my songs from my IPhone. Where did the sound go? It's perfect, I can hear a real motorcycle sound during acceleration(take that George Jetson), but mild mannered enough for touring. The PO said he couldn't take the drone on long trips. We will see when I take my next one, but for now...I'M SMILING!!! Ted:tb1:

OP
OP
troystr68

troystr68

Troyster
you will LOVE I ton the long trips too I believe I am seeing an increase in performance AND gas Mileage not HUGE but some is better than none
I will NOT be going back to the stock exhaust EVER

Bike
2020 Africa Twin DCT
I have the same pair. The only downside is you'll never sneak out of a campground at 5 AM.
They are loudest when putting around, the sounds smooths out at higher rpm.

Bike
2004 ST1300A
BLack%20Normal.jpg
and here is a close up shot
I just purchased an 04 that came with the same pipes, but the oem's were installed. I swapped out the Two Brothers a couple of days ago, but they aren't parallel to the bags like yours are...they angle up towards the back. The angle is enough that they actually touch the bottom of the bag at the back. What did I do wrong?!? I can send a pic if I need to. Thanks for the help. Doug

Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
I just purchased an 04 that came with the same pipes, but the oem's were installed. I swapped out the Two Brothers a couple of days ago, but they aren't parallel to the bags like yours are...they angle up towards the back. The angle is enough that they actually touch the bottom of the bag at the back. What did I do wrong?!? I can send a pic if I need to. Thanks for the help. Doug
You may have the header pipes on the wrong side. Also, the front of the pipes have 4 screws that you can loosen and adjust the can. :tb1:

Bike
2004 ST1300A
Thank you for the reply. The TB exhaust came with the bike, but not on it. However, since it had been installed before, I assumed I just needed to slip them on and tighten the bolts. As you can sees from the pic, the pipes do barely touch. I like your look better, but I'm also afraid that on my setup the heat could warp the bottom if the bag. I did notice that there are 4 Allen bolts at the front of the can, make I can adjust it there. Also if I rotate the pipe it should raise the front end and subsequently lower the back. Thanks again.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
You may have the header pipes on the wrong side. Also, the front of the pipes have 4 screws that you can loosen and adjust the can. :tb1:
Yup, the mid-pipe between the exhaust and the header may be switched...

Bike
2004 ST1300A
Mellow, thank you so much...you were right. I guess the PO installed then wrong (and maybe why he took then off). 20 minutes and they were stopped and on correctly. Thanks again!

nerSTeve

Vendor
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Love mine... quiet but deep growl. Loud when I want them to be. Lots of compliments on them. I have the "quiet tips"...whatever that means. I can't really hear it at all unlessI'm really on the throttle, but riders behind me say they can. It's not obnoxious... They all seem to like it, had a few tell me "Man I miss my 2BR..." :)

Alos, don't notice nearly as much heat off the engine as I used to! Plus!!! (except for the recent cold snap - added heat would be nice)

OP
OP
troystr68

troystr68

Troyster
I like how it freed up the motor made the bike much more responsive
and agreed loud at low speeds but magically get quiet at highway speeds

Top Bottom