2015 FJR1300 - color change only

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
True, but there is a give and take with everything.

Yamaha does provide some excellent bag liners, some dandy retaining straps inside the hard cases and the 3rd lock set for the optional but readily available top box.

However, Honda provides us with Tip-Over Wings. There is NO protection for the FJR and when it tips over... $$$$$$$. Also, the earlier ST1300s came with a pretty decent tool kit. At least my '04 has one.

The Bestem bag liners for the ST1300 are much cheaper than the Canyon Cages or frame sliders that you have to buy for the FJR.
Redfish's point is a good one regarding the ST's tip-over wings which work great; a superior and functional design. The FJR protection in this regard is nonexistent. However, if dollars are going to be accounted for, the Canyon Cage bars (which work as good as the wings, now tested and verified) are much cheaper than the wings when you consider the extra cost of a new ST (that is, still in the crate at a dealer) with the cost of a new FJR. And that's not even considering the extra functionality that the FJR comes with stock for a lot less money.

Each bike has it's plusses and minuses, some comparable, some not. Each rider will decide for themselves. Tip-over wings are a definite plus for the ST. If you want to base it on costs, the FJR wins hands down.

Shuey

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
I agree Shuey. Which is why I put my deposit on a '15 FJR ES earlier this week.
I am a bit . . . jealous. Wish I could have waited until Yamaha corrected the cruise control limitation of the 2013 model. :)

Shuey

Bike
'15 FJR ES
Gnarly! That is going to be a long two days...

Dan
No, a long two nights! I am working straight nights with no time off and will probably not be able to pick it up until later in the week. Then, my rides will be restricted to the work commute. Oh well, that just means more money for modifications.

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Bike is in. Went in to take a look at it, did not have time to process things today. Looks great, the paint is way better in person.
Welcome to the FeeJeR world. I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised with your new ride. I know that I have been.

Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
Redfish's point is a good one regarding the ST's tip-over wings which work great; a superior and functional design. The FJR protection in this regard is nonexistent. However, if dollars are going to be accounted for, the Canyon Cage bars (which work as good as the wings, now tested and verified) are much cheaper than the wings when you consider the extra cost of a new ST (that is, still in the crate at a dealer) with the cost of a new FJR. And that's not even considering the extra functionality that the FJR comes with stock for a lot less money.

Each bike has it's plusses and minuses, some comparable, some not. Each rider will decide for themselves. Tip-over wings are a definite plus for the ST. If you want to base it on costs, the FJR wins hands down.

Shuey
Tip over wings are a bonus with the ST and shouldn't be a reason to buy the ST over any other bike in my opinion. There are lots of options for doing the same thing with nearly any bike, RG adventure bars make a set for the FJR and they aren't that expensive I remember correctly. As a bonus, you can mount highway pegs on them in a much better location that the tip over wing blades on an ST.

BamaRider

Guy
STOC #
Congrats. A nice ride. Notice the the bright speedo and data display. Readable in any kind of sunlight. One of the many attentions to detail Yamaha has taken care of. Yamaha has a true sense of pride when it comes to the FJR.

Bike
2005 ST1300
If you new FJR owners dont mind me asking..what did you pay before options, tax, & lic for your 1300 A or ES ?

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
If you new FJR owners dont mind me asking..what did you pay before options, tax, & lic for your 1300 A or ES ?
The prices are all over the place on the 2014 models. Trying to make room for the 2015s I guess. I bought mine because the dealer had discounted the bike over a 1000 dollars and gave me an excellent trade in on my 12 year old 129000 mile ST1300. (a lot more than I would have got locally. Local dealers did not even want my ST on there floor. No trade.) Shop around. If you want one it might be worth while to travel for it. As I said before, I just went into a Texas dealer because I miss judged my front tire on a trip from Colorado to Texas, and I needed one. To make a long story short, I rode the 950 miles home with a new FJR that had new tires.:) Sorry Honda.

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
My dealer (2Brothers in Onalaska Wi.) has a 2014 FJR1300A for 12,500, plus $50 paperwork fee.....kinda hard to figure out exactly what I paid for my ES because I traded in my ST and my VFR....but I thought it was very reasonable.....12,000 miles this summer and I still really like it....ff

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
I just gotta believe that Yammie has decided to make next to nothing on these FJRs (maybe trying to take Honda's former share of the ST market?), and therefore the dealer's cost for the bike is very attractive. The prices on these new FJRs, with all their improvements and inflation, is less than what I recall was a good deal 10 years ago for a Honda ST1300.

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
I just gotta believe that Yammie has decided to make next to nothing on these FJRs (maybe trying to take Honda's former share of the ST market?), and therefore the dealer's cost for the bike is very attractive. The prices on these new FJRs, with all their improvements and inflation, is less than what I recall was a good deal 10 years ago for a Honda ST1300.
So when are you going to get yours. Vickery Yamaha has an 2014 ES for sale. Also I think I found a solution to the black wheels. https://www.dipyourcar.com/True-Metallics-Plasti-Dip/ Think I will try it out when I do my first tire change.

Top Bottom