BTW Dennis Hopper owned one.

Guy, that set of paintings was worth exactly $1000 in 1962

Last edited:

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
I've seen a number of times, up close and personal, as the Nat'l Museum is nearby. Always fun to see it. Couldn't have gone too far on a tank with all the drugs stashed in there. :)

Wonder where it's going now and if the public will be able to see it...?

John

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
I would rather have Steve McQueen's Triumph from "The Great Escape"!!

I thought I read somewhere that no one knew if the "Easy Rider" was the original or a copy. Oh well, not my money!

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
If I had that much money to blow on something like that I would ride it! Well, about as far as I could stand it.

Reginald

cyclepoke
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I like it. Looks cool. Wouldn't want it though, too hard to handle. That's why Dennis Hooper's bike had a shorter rake, easier to turn. Peter Fonda had more riding skills. Shame three of the four bikes where stolen. The one that sold was the one that was wreaked in Morganas, LA for the final movie shot. It was restored later. Think I'll look for the movie on NET Flicks and view it again.

VFR

"Uncle Larry"
Which would not be far! :D

Back in those days I was riding a bike just about like that. I built it in 1966. Put a lot of miles on that bike, peanut tank & all. Used to carry extra gas when going to Yuma over what is now the I8. A little hard to compare to today's bikes. Although not cutting edge at the time it wasn't a bad ride. All of my HDs were rigid frames except for my full dresser.

The one that sold was the one that was wreaked in Morganas, LA for the final movie shot. It was restored later.
The one I saw with a "certificate of authenticity" at Anamosa, IA museum DID NOT HAVE PASSENGER PEGS???... So, where did Jack Nicholson & the "Babes" in New Orleans, LA (in movie scenes)put their pillion feet???... My recollection of the movie is that they HAD PASSENGER PEGS!?...:confused::03biker:

Last edited:

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
Interesting. I was at the Harley Davidson museum back on Oct 17th and saw this on the 3rd floor in one of the storage areas (not in the normal public display areas)...

Captain_America.jpg

Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
I thought I'd read they had two bikes made for the movie and one was destroyed in the final scene and the other was lost after production finished.

Top Bottom