ST1300 One... Ditch Dog Zero

STOC #
On my trip to Arkansas this past week I had a dog run out of the ditch and attack my ST1300. With traffic heavy behind me and the other lane full I sped up to try and miss him while also giving him the blast of the horn. He kept coming and center punched my bike just in front of my boot poking a hole in my lower faring about three inches in diameter. He then slid in front of the rear tire and promptly became deceased. The ride was a little bumpy for me but worse for him. I was glad to stay upright and not end up under the tires of the truck behind me. I was glad we did not share that in common. I patched things up with Gorilla tape (wonderful stuff) and had a good rest of the trip. I am home now and in need of a lower faring. Where is the best source to order one. Any help and direction would be appreciated...Thanks Randy

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Last edited:
OP
OP
fifthave
STOC #
Many thanks Mike !! Repairs on order and should be fixed up within a week or so. You are correct great prices and easy to order. The last dog I hit before this did no damage to the bike but his long tooth at the front of his mouth went thru the rear tire and ruined my 400 mile nearly new tire, The bike shop kept it said they had never seen a tire with a dog tooth in it....such are the hazards of life. All was worth it to ride the crooked roads of Arkansas.

OldWingit

Ed Wing
Bike
ST1300
I had almost the same thing happen several years ago, only with a large coyote. I was riding on a paved FS road up in far north eastern Ca. near Medicine Lake. He came running out of the woods in broad daylight and struck my lower left fairing just ahead of my boot. The fairing cracked just like yours with a hole, it now hangs in my shop with the fur at the crack. He was dead before I could get turned around. Also he spun around and got under my rear wheel. One time I was glad to be riding a heavy bike! Who says coyotes are so smart?

Ed

Top Bottom