Mr. Donaldson - R.I.P. 10/15/2014

saddletramp8511

R.I.P. - 2019/01/01
Rest In Peace
Bike
2014 Gold Wing
Far as I'm concerned it's yours to turn down. You spoke up first, Ill concede to you. I'm sure it would be better for one person to take all nights.

Anybody got room for another tent for Thursday? I'm kicking myself for screwing up my reservation.
Michael....If you had changed your mind and wanted to share the suite all 3 nites instead of just Thurs.....I can work something out...Bill...saddletramp

The Cheese

Michael....If you had changed your mind and wanted to share the suite all 3 nites instead of just Thurs.....I can work something out...Bill...saddletramp
Bill,

My wife will be bringing our camper down Friday afternoon. I was thinking of coming down a day early not to miss out on Friday's activities. Vinny has offered space for me Thursday night. I'd rather camp than hotel it. It's cool. Take the room with Shuey. You claimed it first.

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Saddletramp and Cheese,
Just back last night from a great ride and catching up myself before heading out to Texas.

My room reservation is for Fri and Sat . . . two nights. I already PM'd Saddletramp who has the pull-out couch for those two nights. SilverSTreak has the other bedroom.

Looking forward to seeing all ya'll there.

Shuey

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Thanks to Ashley, we now have a great little country restaurant to eat lunch after the Army Aviation Museum visit. From Ashley: Cutts Restaurant. It's a country diner that has been around forever. I have not been there but I called and they have 160 seats. Website is http://www.cuttsrestaurant.com/ and Google Reviews are at https://plus.google.com/101179752970...ut?hl=en&gl=us.

On another note: For those folks who will be coming in from the West, it would be wise to bypass Panama City Beach and Panama City on 98. This section is very congested especially on the weekends. For those who may be curious, there is not any "eye candy" as 98 is several blocks from the beach. There is some construction along this route from Panama city and Tyndall Air Force Base. Friday afternoon traffic can pretty much be "creep and beep" until south of Panama City. You have been forewarned.

Bike
'06 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Thanks to Ashley, we now have a great little country restaurant to eat lunch after the Army Aviation Museum visit. From Ashley: Cutts Restaurant. It's a country diner that has been around forever. I have not been there but I called and they have 160 seats. Website is http://www.cuttsrestaurant.com/ and Google Reviews are at https://plus.google.com/101179752970...ut?hl=en&gl=us.

On another note: For those folks who will be coming in from the West, it would be wise to bypass Panama City Beach and Panama City on 98. This section is very congested especially on the weekends. For those who may be curious, there is not any "eye candy" as 98 is several blocks from the beach. There is some construction along this route from Panama city and Tyndall Air Force Base. Friday afternoon traffic can pretty much be "creep and beep" until south of Panama City. You have been forewarned.
The restaurant looks good. I was planning to go to Enterprise and see the Bole Weevil statue anyway. :) Good job, Ashley!!

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Ooo, thanks Vinny. I will check my routes later but I think I was planning on doing that bit on the way home.
Smash, I'm of course not sure which way you intend to go home but I'm pretty familiar with the roads and can offer up some ways to head east then north up into GA or north and west into AL.

Reginald

cyclepoke
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Any suggestions besides what I'm already doing?
Yep, If you can manage the time try to ride out of the Vieux Carre (area where you're having dinner) via ST Charles Ave. It'll take you through the Garden District with great old architecture, trolleys, and parks. Then connect up to the River Road to HWY 49 and back to IH 10. I road through there 3 yrs ago and the traffic wasn't traffic jam heavy on ST Charles and the River Road once past the Vieux Carre.

P.S. Theft is high in the Vieux Carre.

dduelin

Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Sweet! Day 1 plan on the way home. Want to do lunch at Flora-bama (never been there), dinner in New Orleans (never been there either) then camping at a little city park in Breaux Bridge, LA. http://goo.gl/maps/8tvZ3. Any suggestions besides what I'm already doing?

I'm planning on 30, so looks like I'll miss the mess Vinny mentioned.
Wow you will be heading west quick. I thought you might head NW sooner. I'll have to defer to Shuey or another FL panhandler for the ways around Panama City and west of FL/AL line I'm not familiar with small roads.

If it was me I'd avoid 30 and 98 long before Panama City and take 20 to Freeport then up to 90 then come back down to Flora Bama if you really want to eat there.

treemuncher

Vegetation Terrorist
Bike
'07 ST1300A
STOC #
I just reserved another night at ST. JOSEPH PENINSULA SP (Thursday) now that I have a better idea of my schedule. Our plan is to leave my place sometime Wednesday morning and take some scenic 2 lane roads down through TN and AL to overnight camp somewhere between Birmingham and Montgomery, AL for Wed night. We will leave out Thursday morning for St Joe Penn SP and get there via more 2 lanes for Thursday PM.

Anyone who wants to ride with us is welcome to. Anyone who wants to get here for Tuesday PM, there is free camping over at the horse barn. No hot water there but there is running water, electric and an outhouse. Notification prior to arrival will ensure close cut grass on the level camping spots.

amorley

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 BMW K1600GTS
2024 Miles
SPOT
LINK
Sweet! Day 1 plan on the way home. Want to do lunch at Flora-bama (never been there), dinner in New Orleans (never been there either) then camping at a little city park in Breaux Bridge, LA. http://goo.gl/maps/8tvZ3. Any suggestions besides what I'm already doing?

I'll be heading in the same direction on Sunday but blasting all the way through to Houston as I have to work on Monday. Might join you through to Pensacola.

Bike
'03 ST1300
STOC #

I suggest trying the Flora-Bama Yacht Club across the street from the Bar (behind the Waffle House). Excellent food!

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
Congrats on the bike Ash. We will miss you but not to worry, I would bet Bob would want you to do just what you are.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Second tent spot open on Ash's site, already paid for.

I'll be there next Friday.

Agree, Bob would approve of Ash's actions. :)

dduelin

Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I was sharing a camp site with Lanny and he's not going to be able to make it so another tent site is open if anyone needs a spot. PM me.

Top Bottom