2015 Kawasaki Concours 14

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Well it looks like they worked on the problems it had. I wish they would have put cruise on it. A very nice very fast bike though!

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Huh...I was just telling a friend a couple weeks ago that if Kawasaki ever made the C14 available in Kawasaki Green I would probably have to get one. Although I might have to wait a few years and buy a used one.

Last edited:

Reginald

cyclepoke
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Wow, I like that green, looks good to me. That seat looks comfortable too; any comments on that stock seat? Unfortunately for the C14 I won't get it because it's top heavy and no cruise control. I've also heard the valve check is a pain; any observations on that by owners?

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
Hey Rob haven't seen you in awhile. I put a Two Brothers on my '08 earlier this year and like it mucho better. Crazy thing about the C14 to me is, it seems like a bigger bike overall but the ST weighs around 60-70 lbs more but pushing it around the garage it feels like it weighs 200 lbs less than the ST for some reason.

Been busy working... unlike you, Larry. :D

Yeah... moving it around will tell the tale of the true weight of the bike, also how the weight is carried on the C14... pretty much neutral. Moving the ST around shows you the weight is up high. The tires you mount on the C14 really makes the bike play in the twisties and tight stuff.

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
Wow, I like that green, looks good to me. That seat looks comfortable too; any comments on that stock seat? Unfortunately for the C14 I won't get it because it's top heavy and no cruise control. I've also heard the valve check is a pain; any observations on that by owners?
You ride a ST1300, and you heard the C14 is top heavy? LOL!!! It is nimble compared to the ST... do I miss a CC? Not really. I have a Throttlemeister and Crampbuster. You can install a McCruise if you want, just like a ST1300. I had my dealer do my valves, plugs, and air filter @ 30k miles... $380... IIRC.

I don't ride the miles like I did on my Wing, so the CC isn't needed... or the McCruise on my ST1300.

I don't know about the new stock seat... but the older one wasn't all the bad, much better than the ST. I have a Corbin for around town... and a RDL for LD riding.

Reginald

cyclepoke
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
You ride a ST1300, and you heard the C14 is top heavy? LOL!!!
Yep, my ST is way too top heavy. Tired of dropping it in gravel parking lots, thank you side bumpers. I know what I wrote sounded kind'a silly, just don't want another top heavy machine. Being less top heavy than an ST doesn't work for me. Being significantly less does.

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
Yep, my ST is way too top heavy. Tired of dropping it in gravel parking lots, thank you side bumpers. I know what I wrote sounded kind'a silly, just don't want another top heavy machine. Being less top heavy than an ST doesn't work for me. Being significantly less does.
A Goldwing is even less top heavy than a ST... I even consider it significantly less. :)

I've only checked my valves on the ST and they were in spec, really needs another check now, never replaced any shims but it does look easier than the C14. My son bought an '08 Connie new and when I rode it I new I had to have one also. He was never a mechanic but smart and does all his work himself. I bought him the Fred Harmon CD on working on the Concours and he said he can basically do anything on his bike. He checked his valves first and decided to re-shim to get as close a possible. We took a 4500 mile trip after and his ran great. So I decided he knows what he's doing so when mine came up ready I let him do mine plus a lot of other things that were scheduled. He did say it was really not easy and said the ST would probably be a piece of cake because of the V-4 engine. Both of our bikes are way past their next valve checks mainly because he now is a father of 2 young daughters. My son has documented our Concours trips on 6 " Trippin' Connies " ride reports on the Two Wheeled Texans site which I am very proud to be one of the subjects.

Top Bottom