Senna v. Autocom, Etc.

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
I think I read that the Sena units have a cross compatibility feature that allows it to talk to other branded communicators. Would need to verify that and what specific units have it.

Bike
91-ST1100 & PC800
STOC #
With the new SENA firmware SMH10-10 and SMH10-11 will also hook up to any other brand of
blue tooth motorcycle head sets ...
You will be shocked at the NEW stuff SENA is bringing out in late 2015 & 2016 wish I could tell you about them.
Motorcycledave.com

STOC #
I'm trying to find the correct forum to post this question, then decided a Moderator would eventually do it for me. :)

I'm trying to find a way to connect a Sirius Starmate 8 receiver to the 20S via bluetooth. Are there generic dongles which will adapt the 1/8 jack output from MP3 players and such to transmit a stereo via bluetooth to the Sena 20S?

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
STOC #
Ahh, thanks guys. Where I went wrong was the keywords used in the Google search. The 3.5mm Bluetooth audio transmitter was perfect!

Tom Mac 04a

Site Supporter
Bike
04 ST1300a
STOC #
I'm trying to find the correct forum to post this question, then decided a Moderator would eventually do it for me. :)

I'm trying to find a way to connect a Sirius Starmate 8 receiver to the 20S via bluetooth. Are there generic dongles which will adapt the 1/8 jack output from MP3 players and such to transmit a stereo via bluetooth to the Sena 20S?
paul, did you buy the a2dp adapter yet? I may have a spare laying in the garage

STOC #
You should also be able to connect the radio by FM
It's an interesting thought and I do that in the car. I am not thrilled with the with the fidelity compared to the hardwired cable (maybe that is more due to the car system.) I'll give that a try but I feel "cleaner" by going Bluetooth.

Bike
91-ST1100 & PC800
STOC #
You need the SENA SM10 Transmitter I stock them and sell them for less than anyone

Bike
2005 ST1300A
STOC #
Quote Originally Posted by rjs987 View Post
I think I read that the Sena units have a cross compatibility feature that allows it to talk to other branded communicators. Would need to verify that and what specific units have it.
That is True
I found this in the Sena manual, looks like the Sena can only talk to one non-Sena headset:

You can have an intercom conversation with non-Sena Bluetooth
headsets using the Universal Intercom function. Non-Sena Bluetooth
headsets can be connected to the Sena Bluetooth headset if they
support the Bluetooth Hands-Free Profile (HFP). The working distance
may differ depending on the performance of Bluetooth headset that it
is connected to. In general, it is shorter than normal intercom distance
since it uses the Bluetooth handsfree profile.
Universal Intercom Pairing
The 20S can be paired with non-Sena Bluetooth headsets for Bluetooth
intercom conversation. You can pair the 20S with only one non-Sena
Bluetooth headset so if you pair with a different non-Sena Bluetooth
headset, the previous pairing list will be removed.

Top Bottom