Something Yellow in the garage?

Bike
97 ST1100A
STOC #
Wow Gary, that is quite a surprise. Wishing you luck in getting Carole to ride with you again, I know how much it would mean to you. Beautiful wing.

OP
OP
gmast1100

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Vinny, I just got up?

Got to the dealer on a very cool morning with great anticipation. I had put some long handles on and the liners in my Olympia jacket and pants. My riding buddy from Tolar went with me. He has a 14 Wing. Arrived and sales guy went over all I asked about. Time to do a thorough check out. No brakes lights? Back to service and back out front. Switch needed adjustment. Brakes lights working. Yippee, I'm off.

Short ways and try cruise. Nada. Back to dealer and back to service and back out front. Said it was a little round puck by the clutch lever that wears out. OK, what's that got to do with the Criuse?

So off I go again. Still NO CRUISE! Back again in a not so good mood. I thought they said they went through this thing when it first came in. I even have the print out of all they've done. New front tire, oil/filter, new fork seals but couldn't check the minor things?

Out back to service and I asked how long this time because it's lunch time and I'm hungery. He said here's some $$$, have lunch on us. Least they could do. In-and-Out burger, one of my favorites. Back again and bike is sitting out front. Mechanic is there by another bike so I asked him what he had to do. He said when he adjusted the brake light switch he tightened it too much and criuse thought brakes were on. Said its working ok but my sales guy said he's taking it out to be certain. Came back with a 'thumbs up'.

So off I go again, a little apprehensive. YES-Criuse is working. Ride home was a little cool but not bad. Good wind protection, more so than the ST. Got home and knew I was once again spoiled! I will have to play around with the suspension to figure out what is best. That and learn howall the bells and whistles work?

But all in all, glad that I bought it. Main reason was for a little more comfort in my old age and a little more oomph to pull my trailer. Will be getting a hitch soon and wire it up.

Will be putting some miles on it and then decide what to do with my ST?

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom