FI dash light on briefly

Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
Howdy gang,
I was riding my ST1300 to coffee yesterday morning. The motor sort of coughed during start up and the FI dash light stayed on for the ride to my coffee shop. When I got there, I turned it off and then on to see if it reset. It didn't and wouldn't idle after restart. I went in and had coffee. Came back an hour later and it restarted with no problem and the light did not come back on for several rides during the day.
1) Is an error code stored in the bike computer?
2) If so, any way to access that code? I know on a 1995 GMC pick up I could jump a couple connections and the dash lights would flash the error code.
3) Do you think it was just a glitch or a sign of problems to come?

Thanks in advance.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Sounds like a pretty normal problem off goop starting to clog up the the lines and the five way tee.
Pretty simple fix to lift the tank, remove the airbox base, and replace the lines and clean the tee with a pipe cleaner.
Search the threads for five issues and TB sync.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
The codes may show a map sensor switch, but don't run out and start ordering parts just yet...
Debris in the lines will cause that code and it's simply a matter of cleaning and or replacing the lines 90% of the time.
Look for the simple cheap solutions first...like running some seafoam and mmo through a couple tanks .02

Last edited:
OP
OP
jonz
Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
The codes may show a map sensor switch, but don't run out and start ordering parts just yet...
Debris in the lines will cause that code and it's simply a matter of cleaning and or replacing the lines 90% of the time.
Look for the simple cheap solutions first...like running some seafood and mom through a couple tanks .02
Hmmmmm, seafood and mom. I think someone has autocorrect enabled ;)

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Sorry 'bout that...was using the wife's computer thingy and it makes up its own words as you type.
That's my story and I'm stinking threw it :rofl1:

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
The FI light and a rough or non-existent idle may not return for thousands of miles or it might start doing it quite often. I think mine did it first somewhere around 35,000 miles and occurred very infrequently and always cleared up with a hot restart for the next 75,000 miles. If it ain't broke don't mess something else up digging around is sound advice that costs you nothing.

Top Bottom