Ride on Tire anti flat

Sonny

Road Warrior
Bike
2005 ST 1300A
STOC #
Has anybody installed a Ride On chemicals on their tires?To make run flat free?
Does it really works thats my Question

Bike
2010 ST1300
My bike came with some goo in the front tire; I dimly remember the previous owner telling me he had installed a flat proofing product in that tire. This summer the tire needed to be replaced and I took the front wheel and my new tire to a local performance shop - because they had come highly recommended, they offered to do it the same day I brought them the wheel, and because they did spin balancing. I was charged an additional $15 to clean the rim - the inside of the tire and rim were coated with an incredibly sticky, tenacious goo (I got the old tire back).

I will probably change my own tire next time, but will probably not use an anti-flat product in the tire because of the unbelievable mess. Bear this in mind...though I admit it is a cheap price to pay for peace of mind and flat proofing the front wheel.

Stump

Site Supporter
Bike
VFR1200X
STOC #
I used it for about 60K, through 5 sets of tires and the two times I found things in the tires. Both times, after I pulled the offending object, the RideOn compound came out of the hole for a bit, quiting after a brief time and never leaked again. It also balanced the tires just that last little bit and gave me a glass like ride. I never had anything suck to the rim at tire change time.. the RideOn stuff was all on the tire. I recommend it!

docw1

Bill Rankin
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
My bike came with some goo in the front tire; I dimly remember the previous owner telling me he had installed a flat proofing product in that tire. This summer the tire needed to be replaced and I took the front wheel and my new tire to a local performance shop - because they had come highly recommended, they offered to do it the same day I brought them the wheel, and because they did spin balancing. I was charged an additional $15 to clean the rim - the inside of the tire and rim were coated with an incredibly sticky, tenacious goo (I got the old tire back).

I will probably change my own tire next time, but will probably not use an anti-flat product in the tire because of the unbelievable mess. Bear this in mind...though I admit it is a cheap price to pay for peace of mind and flat proofing the front wheel.
What you had does not sound like Ride-On. I've used it in several sets of tires. It isn't sticky and tenacious. It washes out easily with water. I did have one incident where I had a screw in the tire, but the head had come off, making it difficult to know if there was anything still there. I had ridden on it quite a while without incident until, going down the interstate, the rear went flat. Apparently the Ride-On wasn't up to the task off fixing the hole that the long-lasting screw had finally wiggled and widened. I was able to plug it, however.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I've run it in the last 3 sets of tires, and its saved my but twice by picking up two rather large nails in the rear tire! The only time it didn't work, I picked up a large nail in the rear tire, but it was all the way over on the very edge of the tread, almost into the sidewall, and I was on top of Mt. Hamilton, about 50 miles from home. I used a stop and go plug and my slime compressor and rode home without incident. Can't blame the Ride On, because it was not near the center strip where the ride on coated the tire.
I also find that I get less tire wear (cupping) when I used it in the last three sets of tires.
Cheap insurance, and I don't use wheelweights anymore.
Igofar

Bike
2008 ST1300
STOC #
+1
What you had does not sound like Ride-On.
When I told my tire guy that I used RideOn in a set of tires, he figured it was like all the other goop stuff and chewed me out for the future mess. Once we dismounted the tires we were pleased to see it only adhered to the couple of inch wide patch where the rubber meets the rode just like the product claims. Never tested it's sealing ability, but it dynamically balanced the tire well.
Wish it wasn't so $$ or I'd use it all the time.

Bike
ST1100
Just about to (next week) put Ride-On TPS Motorcycle Tire Balancer and Sealant into my new Dunlop Road Smart 2's.
I've read a lot of good things about it and one of the bike shops here in Alberta is promoting it heavily.

I'll give my impression when I have one.

Regards,
Extemp.

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
that doesn't sound like Ride On. Maybe fixa flat or something and it's a mess.
See this review for ride on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De1lI4NStSc&feature=youtu.be

Top Bottom