SuperBrace Installation Video

Here is a video I just completed that shows how to install a SuperBrace fork stabilizer on an ST1300

[video=youtube_share;ah_hquiSGWM]http://youtu.be/ah_hquiSGWM[/video]

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
I have a couple of questions about installing a front fork brace on my ST 1300, I would appreciate advice from other ST 1300 owners who have installed a front fork brace (from any manufacturer):

1) Is there any significant difference between the fork brace made by SuperBrace (price $166) and the fork brace made by Motorcycle Larry (price $90)? Here are the links to these two products: SuperBrace - ST 1300 and MCL fork brace - ST 1300.

2) Does installation of either of these fork braces make any meaningful difference to the handling of the motorcycle during typical touring riding? By 'typical touring riding', I mean about 80% highway and 20% nice twisty roads. I don't mean racetrack handling, setting new speed records on the Tail of the Dragon, or running the Sustenpass.

I'd appreciate hearing from owners who have installed a fork brace on their ST 1300 - should I buy one, or save the money for something else?

Michael

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
I installed a fork brace on my DL 650 and forgot about it. First thing I noticed was it didn't dance around on the slab when around semis, a couple weeks later I was in the twisties it felt much more planted, seemed I was quicker through the curves, could be I was having a good day or it could have been the fork brace?(Again I had forgot about it being installed) It was a $59 experiment and so far I believe it has helped the little bike. I am also curious how a fork brace would affect the handling of my ST. Lots of difference of opinion, pro and con. I'm on the fence and not up for a $90 experiment yet...maybe after some more miles on the DL.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Husoi said:
The question you want to ask yourself would be, is the $60-$70 more worth the better quality?
Since we don't have the ability to perform serious in-depth testing i.e. high-speed video of before/after fork flexing and metallurgical analysis and testing etc. the 'you get what you pay for' has to be taken as a leap of faith more than fact. Besides the SB is much nicer looking. :D

Bike
2004 Honda ST1300ABS
STOC #
I have a couple of questions about installing a front fork brace on my ST 1300, I would appreciate advice from other ST 1300 owners who have installed a front fork brace (from any manufacturer):

1) Is there any significant difference between the fork brace made by SuperBrace (price $166) and the fork brace made by Motorcycle Larry (price $90)? Here are the links to these two products: SuperBrace - ST 1300 and MCL fork brace - ST 1300.

2) Does installation of either of these fork braces make any meaningful difference to the handling of the motorcycle during typical touring riding? By 'typical touring riding', I mean about 80% highway and 20% nice twisty roads. I don't mean racetrack handling, setting new speed records on the Tail of the Dragon, or running the Sustenpass.

I'd appreciate hearing from owners who have installed a fork brace on their ST 1300 - should I buy one, or save the money for something else?

Michael
MCL is out of business, so unless you can find a used one then I guess your decision has been made for you:(

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
That question was from 2014... I actually visited MCL's office in California and picked up their brace about a month after I asked that question.

The brace has been trouble-free since then - it appears to be well-made and the finish on it has lasted nicely.

Concerning fork braces in general: I think they are kind of a fungible commodity, as long as they fit properly, there is likely no difference in performance between manufacturers.

Michel

Top Bottom