Going to check out an ST1300 tomorrow

Bike
2008 Goldwing GL1800
You can't go wrong with an ST1300. It sounded clean and full of options. Price is reasonable. I lived in Toronto till 2012. You would not see a lot of ST out there. There is a mount you can get on this site to get the GPS up on the dash. The location shown on your pictures will take you eyes off the road.
Kenny

OP
OP
Ricochet
Bike
2003 ST1300
Put a deposit down on the bike! I'll get it on Sunday. I'm an St1300 owner!

Gizmo

Dean
Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR
Keep an eye out for the annual RTE (Ride to Eat) that ReSTored organizes for February near Pearson, it will be a good opportunity to connect with a bunch of interesting folk. And you might find out about various STOC events that pique your interest.

FYI - In this instance RTE is a bit of a misnomer...

Bike
2021 Tracer 9GT
STOC #
Look through those service records and be sure the recalls on the wiring harness and proportioning valve were done if they applied to your VIN#.
My 2003 model had its wiring harness replaced under recall. I am not sure how this works in Canada.

You will love the bike. Congradulations!

OP
OP
Ricochet
Bike
2003 ST1300
Going over to the guys house tonight to put the full deposit down, and bringing my wife to see the bike as well. I think I should have the bike home by Sunday, which is great! The unfortunate part is that we're heading into the winter of hell so chances of actually riding the bike wont be possible till around end of April or May if Im lucky... pretty cruel world living up the the far north.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Glad to hear things are progressing!

I understand your frustration with the weather!

Back in 1999 I bought a 85 V45 Sabre from a guy in Edmonton AB. I bought it in Feburary, but couldn't go pick it up until after the thaws, which was at the end of April that year. After driving all the way up there from San Diego, US Customs would let me bring it over the border!

Long story short, I got it down here and rode it for about 4 years...:)

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
............ The unfortunate part is that we're heading into the winter of hell so chances of actually riding the bike wont be possible till around end of April................
It's all relative. I'm just thankful I don't live in Buffalo where they're measuring snowfall in yards vs. inches.

OP
OP
Ricochet
Bike
2003 ST1300
Alright! I got the ST1300 at home. Kick ***. Its really nice, I wish I could ride it. I'll try post a picture up later tonight, but sure glad to have it home!

Top Bottom