Audiovox Cruise Control - Where to install?!

Bike
2010 Honda ST1300
STOC #
'lo all,

I have all the tuperware off my ST1300 doing fall farkling and I think I've run into a snag.

I have in-dash speakers with custom boxes installed that are 4x4 inches. Fit nicely.

The problem is, given all the directions I've seen for the cruise control install, want to place the control unit and vacuum cannister in those spots.

Can anyone recommend alternate spots?

TIA,

Russ

Kevin_56

Site Supporter
Bike
20 R1250RT
STOC #
On the alternate location, no. I can say that the vacuum canister is not really needed. I do not have one and two other installs I have done do not and those owners report no need. If you decide not to use the canister that should help one side. Can it go below the speaker boxes? I can not visualize how much space below that level. It does not have to sit vertical. You just need a nice route for the throttle cable. Good luck.

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
I can say that the vacuum canister is not really needed. I do not have one and two other installs I have done do not and those owners report no need.
And what do you know Kevin? :D Just messing with you buddy. It's too cold to ride in part of the world.
I have the canister on mine. And I have done a few more installs with it. It works fine. Seems to hold speed fine on hills. If it was me, I would use it.
I also don't have speakers, so the fit was no problem. I don't think I would be able to hear the speakers at road speed.

Kevin_56

Site Supporter
Bike
20 R1250RT
STOC #
And what do you know Kevin?
No problem Ken, I mean Keith. I have the same problems as you, holds speed up hills, and down and on the level. It sure is not going to hurt adding one, just where to put it in the OP's case. Now on to what oil to use :)

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
Another gentleman on this site (who has since passed) had his vacuum motor placed near the rear preload adjuster. His was not the Audiovox brand but it was very similar.

Bike
2005 BMW RT
I had the same problem. I mounted the servo in the same general location, left front faring, but I modified (cut) the left storage compartment to make room for the servo. The vacuum canister is on the right.

OP
OP
Bike
2010 Honda ST1300
STOC #
I can't use the left side... I have a Sony DIN-sized radio in the fairing pocket, and speakers mounted in both sides. I already bailed on installing a Wolo air horn due to lack of space. I think I might be farkled out.

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
On all of the installs I've done the servo goes where you speaker box is on the left side. The self made vacuum canisters up high on the right side behind the mirror.

Bike
2004 ST1300
I have the audiovox cruise already installed and recently picked up OEM speaker boxes in hopes of having some tunes. Just realized I don't think I can have both....If it was possible to have both, that would be ideal.

Top Bottom