Reverse Bleed Method on ABSII ??

Bike
97 ST1100A
STOC #
I have a 97 St1100A and recently installed a new front master brake line to the front brake modulator. Getting all of the air out of the system is proving difficult.

Has anyone used the reverse bleed method on the 1100's ABSII system to push the fluid up instead of drawing it down. If so, how did it work for you? And did you follow the same sequence outlined in the manual of a standard bleed (front left upper, front right upper, etc)?

Bike
'16 Versys 650LT
STOC #
Can't help you with the exact procedure on reverse bleeding the 1100A as I never did it to my ABSII but I can recommend a tool to use to do it called an EZE Bleeder. I used it to reverse bleed one of my other bikes. It's simple and it worked great. I originally got mine at Whitehorse Gear but it looks like they no longer carry it. I just looked and Aerostich carries it:

http://www.aerostich.com/eze-bleeder.html

If I ever have to reverse bleed my ST1300, I'll just follow the sequence called for in the manual for normal bleeding. Maybe someone can think of a reason not to, but I can't imagine why the procedure would be any different for reverse bleeding versus normal bleeding.

Last edited:
Top Bottom