Comparison of new Gerbing G3 versus Warm and Safe Touring gloves

Bike
2015 BMW GSA
Trying to decide between the two gloves. Anyone have experience with the newer version of the G3 and/or the W&S Touring as to warmth, and the thickness/thinness for controls and feel.

I have seen neither in person, just the G3 in video reviews and the W&S in pics. Can't tell if the G3 looks too bulky, or just right? In the pics I can't tell much about the W&S either way.

So, looking for factual comparisons on the bulk factor and warmth factor, as I realize most other opinions are probably influenced by subjective factors.
Thanks,
Angelo
RCnJax

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
I tried on a pair of T5's, fired them up on full heat. They were warm, leather felt good. But they just felt like a regular glove.

I ended up buying the WnS Ultimate touring. Felt more custom fit for riding.
And I like the bit of hard protection on the knuckles.

But mostly I like the lifetime warranty on the electric parts!

Bike
2005 BMW RT
Angelo, I had the G3's that never felt warm. Your hands were not cold but they weren't warm and always on high. I now have the T5's and they keep your hands warm and often need to be turned below high. They only come in black so everyone will know you are waring gloves.

STripper

Brian
Bike
2005 ST1300A
I had the G3's that never felt warm. Your hands were not cold but they weren't warm and always on high. I now have the T5's and they keep your hands warm and often need to be turned below high.
My experience is opposite of dohboy's. I think that the size and fit is a predominant factor. The T5s I have are a little too large for my hands, but they work well enough. I later got a pair G3s that fit very well and can roast my paws.

OP
OP
Bike
2015 BMW GSA
Angelo, I had the G3's that never felt warm. Your hands were not cold but they weren't warm and always on high. I now have the T5's and they keep your hands warm and often need to be turned below high. They only come in black so everyone will know you are waring gloves.
Ron,
Thanks. Those natural color gloves make everyone think you are tough, riding at 39F with no gloves. But, I will take warm, any day, at any color - almost.

Outbackwack

Howard
Bike
'13 Vstrom 650
STOC #
I have the W&S Touring gloves and usually only need to crank them up about ?-? way when it's around freezing. They're good to around 40-45? without heat, for me anyways. I can't speak for the Gerbing's.

Bike
2006 ST 1300
I went into a Cycle Gear store because they were supposed to have Warm and Safe gloves there I could try on to get the perfect fit. Well, they carry them, in the catalog. Since I was there I decided to try the Sedici brand heated glove and for 80.00 bucks I bought a set.

I thought they were a little stiff initially but after a few rides they broke in fine. What's nice about the glove is no separate controller is needed as these have their own built in. There's supposed to be a lifetime warranty on them and I think I'm going to return this set for a new pair because of a tear on the inner lining. Every time I put my hand in the thumb goes between the liner and insulation.

They are pretty warm, as I've ridden in 20 degree weather and haven't had cold hands, and seem to be water proof since I've been in a few storms and my hands stayed dry.

Just another option in case you're cheap, like me.

Brian

Top Bottom