Did you get yours yet?

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Invitation from Honda Motorcycle to Provide Input​

This was the subject line in an email from Honda Powersports. They noted that I had an ST1300 and wanted me to complete a survey which I did. It looks like their link took me to a Touring section of a much larger survey, based on my owning an ST.

The questions were about longer touring asking mainly about days miles and gear packed and if my bike had the storage I needed. It didn't address any aspect of sport just touring. I have no idea if I got this because I ride a Honda or specifically because I ride an ST. I hope it's the latter. At the end of the survey they ask about age and years riding On Road and what bike I ride. One of the answers allowed me to hint that long range touring was not the main purpose of my ride (later to be named as an ST).

There was no option for any essay response. There was no other personal information requested. Who else got this email?

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Well I bought mine new from the dealer. I have not seen anything yet. I sure hope this means there may be hope for a new one! A new BMW RT sure is calling my name. I just wish it was made by Honda!

I got the email too. I bought my bike from hollister power sports new this February. I did not fill it out and sent it to spam

I got one also. The St was bought three years ago from a dealer. Filled out and returned. It seemed centered on touring, passenger, luggage, clothing and gear carried. One question asked about the number of chargers carried for phone ect. That one seemed out of place from the other questions.

Len

OP
OP
ST Gui

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
One question asked about the number of chargers carried for phone ect. That one seemed out of place from the other questions.
I think it's related to the point of touring. It asked of the luggage capacity was adequate/do you use additional storage etc. My take is this is regarding adding 12V sockets to bikes like many riders already do.

As I said the survey I got is part of a larger survey. Sport bike owners might get a different portion than we did as would off-road bike riders. Nothing in the survey indicated that I got it because I've owned two ST1300s or even one. At the end it asked what kind of bike I ride. It could be about making a better 'Wing or F6B and not at all about sport-touring.

I think we'd be better off writing to Honda specifically about getting an updated ST.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
I got a survey from Honda today and filled it out. I also mentioned that I hope they come out with a new sport touring machine soon as they are loosing customers to other brands fast.

thumperjdm

Naty Von Ozirisz 1997-2011
Bike
'15 Trophy SE
I got an e-mail today from Honda that was a survey based on various products produced by Honda and Acura. This survey asked about how familiar I was with what various products are produced by both divisions (ie: sedans, sports cars, trucks, mini vans, power generators, motorcycles, etc.)

As a guy who used to have four Honda motorcycles in my garage, and now have none (Kawasaki ZX6-R and Triumph Explorer), when the survey provided a last box to write, "Is there anything else you'd like to tell us about Honda products?", I unleashed.

I made a comment that the BMW GS is their best-selling motorcycle around the world, but for some reason Honda still hasn't sent the Crosstourer to the United States, but instead is sending us the Vultus. Part of my response was, "Soichiro is rolling in his grave!" I said Honda has lost touch with its customers.

Yep...they asked my opinion...and they got it! ;)

Last edited:

st1300doug

Bought my ST1300 from a Honda Dealer-new on 10/06. No Survey yet?

st1300doug

Maybe this is Mother Honda asking how to better the ST.:please1:
Lets hope so. If I get the survey, I'll say I want: More CC's, heated grips, heated seat, gear indicator, less weight, cruise, easier center stand, and a gear indicator. Maybe a Radio/Stereo system option too! (GPS)

STOC #
The next person who fills out one of these surveys should put in the comments section, "Join the ST-owners.com site and you'll get all the information you need."

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
Looks to me like the survey is tweaked towards how big a bags to put on a bagger....really nothing about the MOTORCYCLE it goes on.....and the mindset in the first questions that touring affects the handling/sportiness of the bike...how much handling are you willing to sacrifice for comfort and storage....if they don't even ask the right questions how are they going to get the right answers? 2cents....ff

sky.high

Site Supporter
Bike
The Honda of the day
STOC #
Last edited:
Top Bottom