Service Manuals

Bike
2000 ST1100 43K
OK, put on about 600 miles on this new to me Bike and everytime I ride it I like it even more!
Now I want to treat it right it get caught up on all the maintenance etc.

So I am looking to get a Service Manual. I am only going to buy one.
Anyone have any suggestions on which one would be the best overall?

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
OEM for numbers.
Clymer for the techniques.
Haynes to be told to take to a $tealer just as you get to the part you need to get the job done.

Bike
'98 ST1100
STOC #
I have the Honda Manual, it came with the bike. I bet it has a lot more info. than the Haynes. But I may also spring for the Haynes some day. Can't have too much info.

Reginald

cyclepoke
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I went out on ebay and Amazon and found the used ones were only 5 to 10 dollars less than a new one. Huh? I bought a new one and got all the changes and updates with it. I'll put my own grease marks on it.

OP
OP
Enroute
Bike
2000 ST1100 43K
I'm guessing there is no free service manual download anywhere?
I found one for a friend of mine for a 1998 Magna.
I have had no luck so far in finding one for the ST1100.

A lot of the used Honda service manuals on Ebay for 91' and some times 96'.
Would I be ok with an earlier pre-2000 manual? Seems like the Bike
has not changed too much from year to year?

Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST1300
I got an email from eBay today. I have a search going for the ST Manual. Anyway, this guy is selling a CD of (probably an illegally) a copied Honda Service Manual. It also includes the owners manual. And, he is selling it for 2.99 British pounds. Shipping, iirc, is about the same. Any way you slice it, if its true, this is a very low price. Unfortunately, I deleted the link but if you search for the ST manual, this guy's sale should show up. And you can recognize it by the many many grammatical and spelling errors he made in his description.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
I'm guessing there is no free service manual download anywhere?
Copyrights...

Would I be ok with an earlier pre-2000 manual?
Depending on what you're looking for/in need to work on...
The "core" like frame, engine, drive train, valve clearances and such remained almost unchanged over the years...
On early models there has been a design change of the case vent, involving also the water pump, in some areas the PAIR system was added...
In '92~'94 the ABS-I/TCS model was brought into circulation...
From '96 on the alternator and charging system got changed, plus the ABS-II/CBS model was added...
Generally do US/CN models differ in wiring and headlight specs, jetting, added altitude control and divergent case- and fuel tank-venting due to emission regs...
And the P-spec model along all years, with its unique VRR, wiring harness, instrumentation, equipment mounts and different rear spring...

So I'd suggest to search for the Service Manual for US spec models to begin with...

OP
OP
Enroute
Bike
2000 ST1100 43K
Thanks for all the great input!
I was finally able to find this on ebay ....."1991-2001 Honda ST1100 1992-2001 Honda ST1100A Service Shop Repair Factory Manual. Manual is in good condition. Updated year stickers have been added to manual. Appears that no pages are missing. $33. shipped so I guess this is a good starting point.

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
I have all the manuals from all the different manual printers. I started with the Honda OEM one, then got the Clymer and Haynes ones off ebay as they showed up at cheap prices. The Honda one is the best for the absolute correct way to do something however, reading the three (or maybe 4) different manuals, about the same procedure you are getting ready to perform may give you a better all around view of what you need to do. Some manuals have better pictures of some things than the others. The Clymer (i think) has the colored wiring diagrams for all the different years and variations. So, to have just one... Honda, but, there is some good info in the others as well.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
FYI - DO NOT REPLY to this thread or anywhere on this site with a link to some site containing copies of the service manual - that is a copyright infringement and the post will be deleted and continuing to do so will put your membership here in jeopardy.

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Thanks for all the great input!
I was finally able to find this on ebay ....."1991-2001 Honda ST1100 1992-2001 Honda ST1100A Service Shop Repair Factory Manual. Manual is in good condition. Updated year stickers have been added to manual. Appears that no pages are missing. $33. shipped so I guess this is a good starting point.
just saw there is one for sale in the classified section, about the same price but it is always good to support our own members.

Top Bottom