The end of a great season

Bike
2013 st 1300
I sealed up the bike today. Changed the oil, put in the stabilizer, removed the battery and covered him up. It was a wonderful season, I rode across the states, trip to Ontario, several trips thru the northern states and bunch of miles in the eastern provinces.

In all 47500 km, Three sets of tires, set of plugs, coolant change, and a few oil changes.

It really was the best riding season I've ever had. I can only hope next year is as good.

I hope the all northern riders had as good luck as I had. Has anyone else finished for the season?

Next year will start with a trip to Key West.

Have a great winter

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
...........In all 47500 km...............
Wow, impressive km, you must be retired. I had a pretty good season. I never have as much time to ride as I'd like, but I did hit 10,000km for the first time in 2014 and my 1100 is getting prepped for winter this w/e., last ride was about 3 weeks ago. I'm looking to be retired or semi-retired for 2015 and I hope to bump my km up quite a bit.

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
I started out the year with 38,000 km and ended around 54,000 km which, I rode the bike 3 seasons now so averaging about 18,000 km. 10 years ago it was hard for me to find time for 8 to 10,000 km, my ST1100 was traded with just over 80,000 after 12 riding seasons looks like this bike will exceed that next year or early 2016. Our plans for 2015 include a trip out to Colorado, the Grand Canyon then up the California coast to Seattle and back to Ontario so that should use up some tires. Going to put the bike to sleep for the winter tomorrow, hope it will be a short winter.

Gerhard

Bike
1&2&3-2005 ST1300ABS
2024 Miles
STOC #
Wow, impressive kilometres this year. I started out with 90,000 Km's and I'm currently at 111,000 Km's and still riding daily on the west coast.
Sounds like you have it nicely boxed up until spring.
Have a nice ride to the Keys in the spring.

carpdm

Site Supporter
STOC #
I sealed up the bike today. Changed the oil, put in the stabilizer, removed the battery and covered him up. It was a wonderful season, I rode across the states, trip to Ontario, several trips thru the northern states and bunch of miles in the eastern provinces.

In all 47500 km, Three sets of tires, set of plugs, coolant change, and a few oil changes.

It really was the best riding season I've ever had. I can only hope next year is as good.

I hope the all northern riders had as good luck as I had. Has anyone else finished for the season?

Next year will start with a trip to Key West.

Have a great winter
We received an early snow he in central MN. Bike was put in winter hibernation about two weeks ago. I had a good summer of riding. You had a great summer. Key West is on my list too. Let me know your dates. Maybe we will cross paths.

Top Bottom