Tourmaster customer service A+

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
So I want to change my Tourmaster Synergy 1.0 over to the new dual controller. I wanted an adapter so I could change to a W&S controller.

I emailed Tourmaster asking if they made an adapter and they replied back they were sending an adapter and a new 2.0 dual controller! I never expected anything for free and was ready to just pay for an adapter.

What great customer service!

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
I also had great customer service from them when one of my controllers stopped working, called them and they sent me a new one right out with no charge. :D

They sent me a new dual controller too for my old Gen 1 jacket, didn't get an adapter for my 1.0 but they are cheap on ebay. Pretty good service, mine was well out of warranty. I'll buy more Tourmaster stuff... no doubt.

Bike
2006 ST1300
I would ditch that Synergy jacket before you have a serious problem. My first one got a severe hot spot while riding home from a long trip, combined with intermittent turning off. I thought it was a bad controller or connection. I felt discomfort but the combination of cold and tired caused me to keep riding. 1200 miles later I arrived home and once the jacket was removed I found a burn on my stomach the size of a quarter, with a big blister. I called Tourmaster and all they said was bring the jacket back to where I bought it and it would go out for repair. I brought it back, and fortunately the dealer (Whitehorse Gear) was shocked when they saw the burn, and instead of just sending it out, they handed me a new jacket off the shelf. I was left with a scar the size of a nickel.

A year after I got the replacement that one started having the same problem. Tourmaster said I already had a replacement, and since it was more than a year after my original purchase (of the 1st jacket...just under a year for the replacement) that I was out of luck. I cut open the jacket and below is a photo of what they consider wiring. This simply had tape over it. I cut it out, ordered a dual controller, and rewired it to bypass the original controller, and cut out & repaired every original connection while I was in there. I haven't had a problem since. The second photo is my solder connection...a bit better than what they did.

2014-02-05_18-13-17_89.jpg
2014-02-05_18-28-49_823.jpg

Top Bottom