KLIM: Powerxross Pullover

Bike
2015 FJR1300
Like everyone who rides many miles each year, I'm always looking for better gear.
It's got to be comfortable, look decent and be ~100% waterproof.

Here's what I've found to be the best so far:
Boots: BMW Allround Boots, 100% waterproof
Gloves: KLIM POWERXROSS GLOVE
Pants: BMW Comfort
Shoei: RF1100

You'll notice there isn't a jacket in the list. I've had some that I loved, but they didn't hold up
to the mileage, something always failed; zippers, snaps, water resistance, etc. I've been
looking at the KLIM jackets for the last year but have been too cheap to fork out the cash.

While on a business trip in Wisconsin, I visited a bike shop that had KLIM gear on sale. They
had 20% off, but of course they didn't have my size. While looking at all the Klim product, I
noticed models I had never seen before. Long story short it was snowmobile gear.

I hemmed and hawed until a few weeks ago I found this pull over on ebay for $211 which included
shipping. I couldn't resist. I've worn it a few times and I really like the way it fits, I prefer my
stuff loose. I love the way it looks. I hope to take it out today and test it's waterproofness.

So if you are looking for an affordable goretex Klim jacket, you might want to review their snow
mobile products.

Dave

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
I like Klim gear.

It doesn't flap around too much in the breeze does it? Can you cinch up the "looseness" as needed?

I'd like some elbow and back protection too.

OP
OP
Bike
2015 FJR1300
That looks like a garment you wear under a jacket.
Must just be the picture, definitely an outer jacket. It is the same outer material as their bike jackets.
It has cinch cords at the bottom and very nice neoprene type inner cuffs in the sleeves.

100% waterproof in a torrential downpour. No complaints yet.

Top Bottom