I'm DUMB it's official

The Dan

The Dude Abides
Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Rode the bike for the last time to the Computer Store yesterday. Went to work this morning to finish up some stuff and put the bike on the lift. I am a long legged fellow and never have had a problem riding it on the lift till today. As I rode it up on the lift I slid to the right to keep one leg on the floor. I stepped on the UP on the foot control and it went up in a hurry with the 150lb air I keep here. Man the splits started vertical with the left leg and I am trying to keep the bike from going over on me as I try to figure out how to control this ride. As I am starting to wonder if this is ever going to stop going up it did, got my leg slid off the seat and pushed the bike upright and held it as I walked around to crank the wheel lock.

Note to self,,,Self un hook the air when loading or unloading the bike on the lift.

Attachments

Bike
2006 ST1300
Amazing how our long legs can shrink at the most inopportune times! Good save!

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
My legs are much shorter than yours, that's a good reason I have side extensions on my lift. I don't like putting the bike on the lift unless someone else is present. I had a situation a few years back that I had to phone my wife to come to the shop to help me out of.
Glad you were able to recover from it unscathed.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
WOW! That must have been a real adrenalin rush to have kept from dropping that hoss on the shop floor!

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
It's Official I'm DUMB is the correct college level English sentence structure dummy. (haha)

Glad you saved it!

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
I too would dearly love to have a peek at the video coverage, however if video is unavailable I think you should offer to re-enact the event with video coverage.
;)

P.S.
Glad you survived the splits! :D

OP
OP
The Dan

The Dan

The Dude Abides
Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Wow! You have a person name "Self" too.
I do and he ain't to brite..

I'd love to see that on video. Have security cam footage Dan?
I think you should offer to re-enact the event with video coverage.

Sorry no and NO reenactments today..

It's not a small club of DUMB.
BUT I DON'T WANT TO BE THERE LEADER...

Today I am sore in places I didn't think there were mussels to strain. Back, Neck, Arms, Legs and boy do I feel the right knee.

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Seriously, I'm glad you didn't get caught under it! These beasts are heavy, as your muscles are now reminding you. :(

Bike
ST1300A '10
I have a "Trailer in A Bag" motorcycle trailer that I use to move bikes about sometimes. The thing in addition to breaking down and storing in the bed of the truck (so you don't have to drag an empty trailer around) sits maybe 6-8" above the ground. I've moved everything from FL's to dirt bikes on it by myself w/o a problem but every time I ride the ST up that little ramp I wince a bit. The ST is not only a big girl with a high COG but it also has a lot of pricey Tupperware. This has given me a deep appreciation for the value of strategically placed footstools on either side of the ramp which has saved by bacon on more than one occasion. I 've never actually dropped an ST but I for sure don't want to drop one off a ramp with me on it

Top Bottom